TKR New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear you're improving. But I would suggest you'd find it better to take Tylenol 1,000mg 3-4 times a day rather than ibuprofen. Read this Medications: acetaminophen (Tylenol, paracetamol) and NSAIDs, differences and dangers
Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried Tylenol many times and they just don't have any effect. Yesterday I was talked into! Trying them again with someone pointing out the horrors of the alternatives. Yesterday afternoon was the worst day of pain since the Op...!
I couldn't sit. Couldn't stand. Couldn't walk. I found myself just sitting rocking backwards and forwards in a chair.
About 11 pm I made some sleepy time tea and took ibuprofen. Had a restless night I felt great at breakfast.

I will try again but, boy!

PT today Oh joy. :)
 
Last edited:
[Bonesmart.org] New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?
@scouse, now that you know that you did not push lower socket out of bone---a new, less traumatic sounding title for your thread might be more appropriate. Let us know what you'd like to change it to, and we'll take care of that for you.
 
[Bonesmart.org] New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?
@scouse, now that you know that you did not push lower socket out of bone---a new, less traumatic sounding title for your thread might be more appropriate. Let us know what you'd like to change it to, and we'll take care of that for you.
Trauma! I was going for drama. :)
Really I was in panic mode and looking for answers. Found your site to be a calming influence.
I agree, not a good title. Hmm..
How about. "New knee at 80, where did I go wrong?"

Just had to take a trip around the block. A pre. PT workout.
 
It is so easy to panic over things in this recovery!
 
Great sense of humor, scouse -- now that you recovered from the initial panic after the DIY-MUA. That must have hurt!
 
@scouse, you will see that I have changed your title.

FYI: It is not necessary to use the "Quote This Message" to reply to a post. This feature should be used only when there is a post or several posts on another topic between your post and the post you want to respond to.

To reply to a post, just scroll down and put your cursor in the dialogue box and start typing.

You can quote a sentence or a section of a post by simply highlighting it and clicking on the "Quote Me" oblong that appears in gray at the end of the highlighted selection. This is frequently a better choice than quoting a whole post.

Please do not be upset by this bit of info---many new members have this very same problem---so you're in very good company---and we're not mad at you---just trying to keep the forum neat and tidy.
 
I've tried Tylenol many times and they just don't have any effect. Yesterday I was talked into! Trying them again with someone pointing out the horrors of the alternatives. Yesterday afternoon was the worst day of pain since the Op...!
But how much Tylenol did you take?
Sometimes, people say it does no good, but they have only taken 500 mg.

The therapeutic dose is 1,000 mg, 4-6 hourly, to a total of 4,000 mg in 24 hours. You do need to take it on a regular schedule, to keep up the levels in your blood.
If you're taking any other medications, check whether they have any Tylenol (Acetaminophen ) in them. If they do, factor that amount into your calculation of the daily dosage.

It's very early in recovery to be off all pain medications. However, since Tylenol doesn't seem to work for you, perhaps your own doctor would prescribe Tramadol. It's a synthetic opioid, but much milder than the heavy-duty narcotics, so it's a useful "step-down" drug. You just need to wean off it gradually, when you no longer need it.
 
Right now I'm just going to stay with what I feel works. I don't plan on being on meds forever, then I don't have an addictive personality.

Good PT session today, the torturer er therapist tells me I'm way ahead of the game. 122 degree bend. Good straight leg. Some fake squats off a bench. (Not as low as my toilet yet though :) but good.)
I was happy to see the ice bag and get a cocoa butter massage on a clean looking scar.
Bought some green bananas on the way home.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom