New hip in 12 days

Thank you Surrey Girl and MOJO. Tomorrow is the day. Yikes
 
I'm freaking out a little ... Ok a lot. I'm not ready. This day came up too fast! It's tomorrow.
I also fell off the no smoking wagon. Maybe a psychological mind game to try to sabotage my surgery date. If I tell the surgeon I messed up with smoking 3 days , he'll probably cancel my surgery.
Physically, I just HAVE to be ready. I need my quality of life back.
What should I do ? Should I tell the surgeon the truth about falling off the no nicotine wagon?
P. S. I am off cigarettes again.
 
I think if you stop smoking now and from this point on do not smoke you should be fine. Smoking does interfere with bone healing so make a promise to yourself that you will stay of the cigarettes through recovery. I know it's a stressful time. But you need this to move forward with living again.
 
I think if you stop smoking now and from this point on do not smoke you should be fine. Smoking does interfere with bone healing so make a promise to yourself that you will stay of the cigarettes through recovery. I know it's a stressful time. But you need this to move forward with living again.

Thank you for being a voice of reason. I'm not thinking rationally and can't seem to get there..
 
It's hard to think rationally at this stage. Just try and relax and do something to take you mind off the wait. You are almost there!
 
Breathe. Take a notepad. Write down all the recent occasions you could not stand up for longer than 10 minutes, that you couldn’t walk far without pain, that you would wake up in the night with a sharp pain and not be able to get back to sleep, that putting something as simple as socks on was a trial, that you cancelled events because you could not face a Social occasion when feeling rotten. That you couldn’t get down and bath the kids, or walk far with them....

Then think...., do you want another six months to a year of things getting worse not better?In six months time how do you want to be and what do you want to be doing? Then tell yourself the answer. I was freaking out pre op too but, deep down, I knew it was time...

Assuming you go ahead best of luck for tomorrow. Xx
 
Last edited:
You are going to do fine!
Bye bye hip pain!!!
See you on the healing side!:friends:
 
Best wishes for all today.
Hope to see you on the Recovery side soon.
You're going to love the result!
@Bonetired
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom