THR New hip 3/7/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy

That is fantastic news and some positive vibes I really do hope you get your problem sorted out soon.
Take care Cathy and big hugs. xx

Billy
 
Hi Kathy,

I was sad to hear of your complications but am so pleased that you have found a great doctor and a solution. I know that it must be tough to face surgery again. I admire your courage and persistence.

Here's to you in the Kayak again, with total freedom and strength. That is how I picture you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
Elizak said:
Hi Cathy,

I was sad to hear of your complications but am so pleased that you have found a great doctor and a solution. I know that it must be tough to face surgery again. I admire your courage and persistence.

Here's to you in the Kayak again, with total freedom and strength. That is how I picture you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
 
Hey Cathy, I'm happy you have found someone to help with your "BooBoo" part on your hip, what a drag....I'm sure some people just ignore and keep going on I'm so happy you have met this surgeon and are having fixed quickly. Many years ago I had a large metal rod inside my leg for a busted femur and a few years later they went back in on the same scar and my recovery was super easy, Ha they used the same scar all these later for my hip it still looks the same. My point is hopefully your recovery wont be as intense as the first time. Sending you lots of good wishes!! xoxo
 
Hi Cathy, just dropped by to let you know I am thinking of you xxx
 
Thanks everyone for sharing my excitement. In fact I have been so excited I almost forgot the recovery part, thanks a lot Z15 LOL. I gotta think knowing what to expect AND not having the stem replaced will make things easier than last time though. ...and I am sooooo ready to move forward.

welshjane I am so happy the meditation has been helpful for you and yes yes yes, I continue to do it. I have a very consistent practice now and it has helped me tremendously not only with the pain, but with staying in the moment and working through my anger and frustration. I am a much better person for having this tool in my toolbox of life. Have you read "Radical Acceptance"? Really good book. Thank you for stopping by and I am really glad you found a place for yourself to share your cancer journey also. So important to have people to go thru it with. I will keep you in my thoughts my dear.

Anyone reading this, and wanting to try to get started by using some guided meditation, Oprah and Deepok Chopra are doing a free 21 day meditation challenge to help people get started. Here is the link https://tinyurl.com/l2pw62c

Again, thanks to all who visited. I will keep you posted and start getting back around the site to check in on others too. What goes around comes around. Right now I am in sunny Arizona visiting my partners family. It is a wonderful thing to have a bit of the healing sun before plunging into the northeast winter.

And Deb, I am going to find a kayaking icon soon haha
Love Cathy
 
Ok....I'm adding December 18th to my calendar to make sure I'm sending good thoughts your way that day. Your well-repaired hip will be a wonderful gift to you this season. I can't wait for the healing to begin!!

Sharon
 
Just got back from a week in sunny AZ at Cheryl's family. It was perfect timing. After all the appts etc and scheduling surgery it was like I escaped my life and got to just relax and enjoy some down time, don't get me wrong, my aching body came with me haha, but my mind got a real rest. Home for a week then off to our annual thanksgiving with friends in Provincetown Mass., home 1 day, then off to Milwaukee to see my family for a week and then I only have 1 week to wait. I keep thinking I have to do things, which I am, around the house but I have everything from last time so I am all set recovery wise. It feels a lot right now to be doing all this running around and I am worn out, but I am trying to rest too and I figure I will be home bound for a while so I might as well do it while I can. It also keeps my mind off things.

I am excited, yet afraid at the same time since my first experience was not the greatest. Mostly I am worried how the rest of my body will hold up since it has been taking the brunt of things this past year and a half. My back and opposite knee are already complaining, but hopefully they will hold up just one last time while I get things in order. I have promise them I would try and treat them right when this is all over.
 
  • Agree
Reactions: Z15
Hi Cathy, good that you are busy with some things to help refocus your mind before the big event. I have a VERY good feeling about this :-) It's going to go great!!

Dorothy
 
Ditto Dorothy, Cathy... I also have a very good feeling about your revision.

I am so pleased that you have fitted in some trips.. Yes, hon, you will have your recovery centre well and truly organized ......

[Bonesmart.org] New hip 3/7/12
 
Hi Cathy,

Wanted to wish you a Happy Friday the 13th but am a day late and a dollar short, as they say. I hope you are doing well and feeling prepared for your surgery. I wish we were all a bit closer geographically, but you know we'll be checking in on you here in the forum.

Take care,
Cardie
 
Best of Luck this week Cathy...We'll all be waiting for your report and hoping for an awesome outcome.

You deserve it.

:flwrysmile:

Z
 
Thinking about you, Cathy. Go in with peace and calm tomorrow.....and come out ready to dance into the new year. Great things are ahead; I just know it.

Sharon
 
Thanks everyone. It really means a lot to me you all are behind me. I know I have been absent from the site these days but my scarcity issues around having restrictions has made me want to get a lot done. ...And Cheryls birthday is on Christmas so i wanted to make sure I had all taken care of for that ( like a secret ice cream cake in the freezer in garage lol)

I am glad surgery is not early. We can sleep till decent time, do not have to be there till 10:30. Cheryl can eat breakfast, we won't have to rush and we can go in peacefully. Maybe I will even take time to do a meditation before I go.

Of course, I will let you know how things go. With all this energy behind me, how can it go any way but good.
Love and gratitude for all of you
Cathy
 
Oh Cathy, I hope you got the PM I sent you a few days ago. I have been watching your thread wondering where you were. So I'm glad to hear that your absence was due to busyness and nothing else. I, too, have good feelings about your surgery. The very best of luck - my thoughts are with you.

Jane
 
Wishing you lots of luck for your surgery.I will be lookng forward to hearing from you once you get to the other side.
 
Cathy - I've been thinking of you all day and praying your surgery goes extremely well! May your Christmas and holidays be filled with joy and sweet surprises :friends: :cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom