Guest viewing is limited

TKR New here

Status
Not open for further replies.
So interesting about the heat. I'm an RN not that it makes any difference but we were always of the theory you don't put heat on anything still swollen but these knees may be different since the swelling goes on for a good year and maybe longer. With the TKR back in Feb it seems like if it feels good then do it! I think the Vitamin E on the scar isn't just for looks. If you use it with massage it takes the local stiffness out of the scar. It makes it lay down without all the ripples in immediate local tissues and it feels better when you bend it. At least that's how it worked for me. You could probably use any oil. I agree about the pedals! That is how I used to warm up when I went to PT but on a bike here and at home. That's what this forum is all about! Sharing ideas that help the recovery. I'd be lost without you all.
 
Hi Pat 99 and Ready, I missed both of you recently. I haven't been here as much as I was before. I do need to share an amazing thing, though. I said to my husband on Sunday that it was my best know day, yet. I was up and down stairs doing laundry and each time I was amazed that I got to the top without thinking about it. I rode the stationary bike yesterday 20 minutes and did some leg exercises. I thought sure that today I would be stiff. Not at all. I had to keep walking around just to make sure. :dancy: :dancy: Last week I thought I was going to be doomed to stiffness all the time and not moving like I want to. Just call me the future twinkle toes!

Ready I did survive the heat, but I like that much better than the cold. How is your knee.

Pat 99 are you beginning to be improving the way you want to yet? I guess I have to say it will happen.
 
Oh one other thing, though that had me worked up was the swelling in my lower leg and ankles. I tend to get this every year during the warm months. This summer it has been much more. I am sure that come fall I will not be able to wear my shoes I am currently wearing. Went to the MD who couldn't find any reason for the swelling, got checked for clots and heart issues. Then I had two friends tell me that the swelling is probably worse because of my knee. That did make me feel better, although I think that my leg looks quite ugly!
 
Hi Nu Nee, Very interesting to catch up with how you are. You sound like a different woman. Really pleased for you.
I get a bit of swelling just below the knee, but it doesn't hurt so not too bad. I too am making progress, although still not there yet. That tight band feeling is still there. The one thing I still can't do is go for long walks - walks for 2 hours or more. My leg gets tired and I start hobbling. But progress for both of us that's for sure. It will be even more interesting to see how we both are in say another 2 months. Best wishes.
 
You sound great. I am so glad to hear how well you are getting around without pain. I hope your swelling issue clears up. Are you taking any medication? My legs ballooned when I tried Celebrex, and when I take ibuprofen for several days, or more than one dose per day, my ankles get good and puffy. There are other goofy things that make me swell, too, like my beloved black licorice and hot dog/bratwurst type meats. Our bodies can really act in crazy ways. Enjoy our great weather.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom