Josephine
NURSE DIRECTOR EMERITA
Here y'go then!
It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are
1. what approach did you have for your surgery? Anterior, posterior, lateral? You can look here to see the various types THR approaches or incisions
2. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).
3. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?
4. are you icing your painful area at all? If so, how often and for how long?
5. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?
6. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and
7. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)
Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
It would be very helpful if you would answer each one individually - numbered as I have done - in as much detail as you can then I'll come back as see where you are
1. what approach did you have for your surgery? Anterior, posterior, lateral? You can look here to see the various types THR approaches or incisions
2. what are your pain levels right now? (remember the 1-10 scale: 1 = no pain and 10 = the worst you can imagine. And don't forget to factor in other forms of pain such as soreness, burning, stabbing, throbbing, aching, swelling and stiffness).
3. what pain medications have you been prescribed, how much are you taking (in mg please) and how often?
4. are you icing your painful area at all? If so, how often and for how long?
5. are you elevating your leg. If so how often and for how long?
6. what is your activity level? What do you do in the way of housework, cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc., and
7. are you doing any exercises at home? If so what and how often?
This is the most crucial question so please help me by using the format I have left as an example
(which means please make a list and not an essay!)
Exercises done at home
- how many sessions you do each day
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
Anything done at PT
- how many times a week
- enter exercise by name then number of repetitions of each
etc., etc.
United Kingdom
Okay!
and it’s was all worth it.
to help guide you on your journey.
You can cool your jets, I just know you can 


I have been so lovingly bullied by those here with much more experience of the recovery process into "cooling my jets"-
. I don't want to jinx anything but maybe this is the beginning of an upswing, so no need to increase or change my analgesia. I was taking ibuprofen (part of the same group as diclofenac) and firstly, it didn't really help and secondly, the drug I had to take to mitigate the side effects had its own side effects. Sometimes you think life's all snakes and no ladders! But then you get a grip of yourself or a talking-to from this lot of sages!
Spoke to my GP practice today and have been prescribed some low-dose Amitryptiline, on the grounds that it sounds very much like nerve pain. It can take several days to kick in but at least I feel a physician is addressing the issue.