New Here today 6/21/16 - afraid to have surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Sommers16 Hiya thanks for our supportive post the OS I saw last year was ready to schedule me last April but I never got back to them chickened out. Due to mostly his pamphlet scared the heck outta me. I never had surgery ever so that adds to it. But like everyone else and like my general doctor states you will have it when you cannot take the pain anymore....this evening dog walk was painful and I know it is coming more and more and it will be inevitable....so that is why I joined this forum finally this eve. So I am hangin in there for now with you folks in tow...:what:
I was the same as you, never had surgery before scared to death and i put it off for four years....5 weeks ago i had bilateral hip surgery . at this point i am walking normal with no cane, its like a miracle to me everyday, The surgery
was not bad at all.....and remember i am a chicken, The worst part was waiting and thinking about the surgery.
you will be fine, just try and stay busy so you dont dwell on the surgery date.....Good luck !
 
I'm heading home fromy vacation to turn around and make my trip back to have my pre surgery appointments. These stories help so much. I read then write.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom