TKR New and even more scared

Oh my I’ve had a horrible day. Just walking out to my horses yard this morning all feeling perfectly fine - well as fine as I can be with a dodgy knee, and suddenly felt the knee swell - didn’t trip, twist or anything. This happened just under two weeks ago (and many times before that) but this one was a biggie. Pain - unbearable I must’ve sounded like I was giving birth my poor dogs didn’t know what was happening. Couldn’t weight bear at all and I swear if someone had come in and said let’s amputate I would’ve said “bring it on”. So another haemarthrosis..... feeling a little easier now after icing, elevating and painkillers all day. Roll on Friday.

But me being me, I am now worrying OS will say he can’t do it with that much bloodswelling. Anyone have any words of wisdom or thoughts please?:tantrum:
 
I think of your early posts where you debated if you should have surgery- and I’m so glad you made the decision to have it done.
I don’t have any medical words of wisdom, but, by this time next week you will have gotten through surgery and have started recovery- so you won’t have to deal with this again!
I’m so so sorry for the pain your having now. Please spend today elevating and Icing. Binge on Netflix. I’m sending virtual hugs your way.
 
Get that op leg elevated and ice. Please try and avoid activity for now. You need this surgery. It's now about eye on the prize. :ice:
 
Oh my I’ve had a horrible day. Just walking out to my horses yard this morning all feeling perfectly fine - well as fine as I can be with a dodgy knee, and suddenly felt the knee swell - didn’t trip, twist or anything. This happened just under two weeks ago (and many times before that) but this one was a biggie. Pain - unbearable I must’ve sounded like I was giving birth my poor dogs didn’t know what was happening. Couldn’t weight bear at all and I swear if someone had come in and said let’s amputate I would’ve said “bring it on”. So another haemarthrosis..... feeling a little easier now after icing, elevating and painkillers all day. Roll on Friday.

But me being me, I am now worrying OS will say he can’t do it with that much bloodswelling. Anyone have any words of wisdom or thoughts please?:tantrum:

Hi Carmencita, I have only just returned to the forum this evening and saw your post. I am so sorry you have had such rotten luck with your knee, and suffering so much pain! I’d not heard of a hemarthrosis before so I had to google it. Good news that you have been given a date, hope everything goes well for you and look forward to hearing about your progress. Take care.
 
@Cococay @crowie53 @Jaycey

Many thanks for your words of support and care! The swelling has reduced slightly, and the excruciating pain has gone thank goodness. But I really can’t face another episode like that, so I am keeping everything crossed that my op will go ahead on Friday. The waiting and worrying is driving me nuts! Hope I’ll soon be on the other side!!!! Yes @Cococay as you said , to think I was debating whether it needed doing!
 
Wishing you a quiet uneventful week so that you are all prepared for Friday, you will soon be "done and dusted" and enjoying the freedom of a new non painful knee. Sending virtual hugs to you from Portugal xx
 
Many thanks @Sara61. I’m willing the week away Friday cannot come soon enough. Worrying about EVERYTHING? Will my horse helpers be able to cope with the 2 ponies now we have a fair bit of snow here....will the road be clear enough to make the 2 hour drive to pre op on weds....will my Covid test be ok.....will the surgeon look at my knee and say it’s too swollen for surgery....will it get cancelled again....will my 2 dogs be ok with my friend who is dog sitting....... list goes on, and I know I am overthinking it all.

Roll on Friday! Btw Portugal is one of my favourite places in the world. My late husband and I very nearly emigrated. We loved the west coast of the Algarve, in particular Aljezur, Monchique, surrounding beaches....muito bom!
 
I was the same way- my mind couldn’t keep a thought more then couple seconds and it was onto the next.
nothing anyone said changed it but this site helped —the reassurances and support. Then somehow it’s here and you are there -then like the blink of an eye your waking up! I’m so happy your close to being done with this part!
 
Hi all

Less than 24 hours now! Feeling quite calm now it’s so close, just want it done.

As well as a massive painful bleed in my knee, I had an accident with one of my ponies on Tuesday, resulting in me being knocked down in mud and snow and kicked in the side of my face. So I am now going in to surgery with a melon sized knee, a sore cheek, numb jaw, bruised (other) leg and a black eye! Still I guess all the pain relief will take care of all that! Both me and the pony are lucky to be alive, so I’m wrapping myself in cotton wool for the next few hours!

Many thanks to you all for your kind words of encouragement and support, wise advice and friendship.

See you on the other side!!!!!!!!!!
 
Oh my, that was quite an accident! I’m glad you seem do be doing as well as can be expected. :console2:Sometimes, at least in my case, I can feel worse the day or so after. I hope all goes well for you.
 
Oh wow- how horrible! And you got kicked in the side? - by the Pony?
Well- the good thing is- your right- the pain meds for surgery will take care of any pain from the fall!

down to the last hours before surgery! I am so excited for you to get to the other side. I will be thinking of you- and Praying for a good- quick surgery! And, will be anxiously watching for your update. You go this. All the questioning yourself, and waiting, worry will soon all be over- and you will be on the other side- recovering! :hugzz:
 
Wow, you’ve been through the wringer. What an accident. So sorry!
After all you’ve been through, I hope you have the smoothest of recoveries.
Wishing you comfort now and as you begin healing from surgery.
All the best!
@Carmencita
 
Wow what a trial! Sending you lots of wishes and prayers for a successful surgery and strong recovery!
 
@Carmencita Oh No! Sending you warm thoughts and some rest! Let us know how you are doing. PLEASE stay away from those ponies for a while! Try and have faith in the people you have to help you. Take your meds on a schedule! VERY VERY important! Take it from one who did not listen. Also, ice is your friend. Lots and lots of ice. Think about how much better you will feel and you'll be able to get back to what seems like a lovely life with your animals!
Be well and stay safe
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom