THR nerves are kicking in

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for having me on here seems like a real treat

Welcome to BoneSmart!
Thank YOU for joining us! You've made us one member stronger, will be contributing one more story (yours) as inspiration to those following behind you and also providing us with a few laughs along the way as you seem to have a refreshing sense of humor.

Not too many vanilla slices now before surgery :no-fin: A Vanilla Slice was unfamiliar, so I had to do an online search, sounds yummy but definitely not too waist friendly, lol.

Will look forward to following your journey. Have a great rest of the week!

Hey guys, I booked in a number of months ago to attend a basketball game with a mate. This means walking down stairs etc. do you think if I have my surgery on the 20th I can make this event on the 29th? Prob a long shot eh? Any feedback would be great TIA

This means walking down stairs etc. do you think if I have my surgery on the 20th I can make this event on the 29th?
Just because we can, DOES NOT mean we should.
Guess you can guess my vote!:no-fin:

Your recovery from THR is an investment in your future and must be a priority, in my humble opinion.

I agree with the lady above.
Why risk your future enjoyment of life for the sake of a basketball game?
And what if your team loses too?!

I won’t be playing I’ll be watching.....

:shrug: You can see how you feel.
I really thought I was going to attend my son's graduation from Junior College at one week postop. Very important to me...and I guess I could have done it...but there is some serious healing going on and it would've been terribly uncomfortable and I'll advised.
No one likes to put their life on hold...but it's just about giving your body the optimal conditions to do what it needs to do in order to heal.
It's about the big picture. You won't have to miss out on things you need or want to do because of your hip for very much longer.

Hello @mcane21

Just wanted to wish you luck on the 20th. As many of said, the surgery is so well orchestrated that once you get there and put on your surgery gear you will relax and give in to their process.

Love basketball, playing and watching. You may bounce back soon, I would be concerned about picking up a virus or cold. Your body is going to have a lot of healing to do and a big public setting so soon, not sure I’d risk it.

Best wishes on 20th.

Hello @mcane21

Just wanted to wish you luck on the 20th. As many of said, the surgery is so well orchestrated that once you get there and put on your surgery gear you will relax and give in to their process.

Love basketball, playing and watching. You may bounce back soon, I would be concerned about picking up a virus or cold. Your body is going to have a lot of healing to do and a big public setting so soon, not sure I’d risk it.

Best wishes on 20th.
Thanks so much for your wise words! Ill put it off then that’s a certainty. How long do you think I will be prone to just resting at home? 2 weeks? 3 weeks?

Hello @mcane21

Best wishes on 20th.
Fair enough too I will skip the game and focus on recovery. I’m just concerned about staying at home and resting. How long it will take etc.

:shrug: You can see how you feel.
I really thought I was going to attend my son's graduation from Junior College at one week postop. Very important to me...and I guess I could have done it...but there is some serious healing going on and it would've been terribly uncomfortable and I'll advised.
No one likes to put their life on hold...but it's just about giving your body the optimal conditions to do what it needs to do in order to heal.
It's about the big picture. You won't have to miss out on things you need or want to do because of your hip for very much longer.
I’ll play it cool then and really take it easy. I just have to get my head around it which will happen at the time! Thanks so much again for your response. Means a lot!

You will have to play it by ear.
My experience will be different on mobility issues as I had double the fun going on.
However the first 6 weeks, I would not plan on any big excursions.
That is not to say you will be sedentary...you will be moving about very shortly after surgery and it will be important to move about.
We always say not to compare recoveries and I've seen...even in my case, that when short term recovery goes exceedingly well...it can be difficult not to overdo and be in danger of hitting the Overdid It Club, also referred to by members as the dreaded O.D.I.C.:nah:
I had some hard lessons I insisted on learning 1st hand, which could've been avoided had i taken some good advice to heart.

You will not be prone and unable to move. The movement has to be balanced with icing/elevation and rest. You can walk around the house at first and it is advised to move around every hour or so and then ice and elevate. After a bit you get to walk for longer periods but icing and elevation is still important. It is not always comfortable to be sitting anyways. You extend your range and time up and ability to do activities of daily living as you heal and improve but you are never just lying around 24/7.

It's a matter of making sure you get a good recovery and get the hip settled in so you can truly enjoy your life again.

Best wishes for a great recovery with great pain control.

Hey guys, I booked in a number of months ago to attend a basketball game with a mate. This means walking down stairs etc. do you think if I have my surgery on the 20th I can make this event on the 29th? Prob a long shot eh? Any feedback would be great TIA
Reality? No. You can give it a shot and be sure to let us know how it works out.

:wave: @mcane21
Wondering if you were keeping your nerves in check and ready to get this hip show on the road so you can go into the new year hip pain free!:happydance:

Have to keep reminding myself that you are a day ahead...how is Wednesday looking?:) :-) (:
I do remember how anxious I was before my surgery, but found that the prospect of getting my life back quelled my fears somewhat.
Lots of folks rooting for you here, and the limitations you will have for a bit will only be temporary ...if you can keep your patience muscle flexed.
Hope today (my tomorrow:heehee:) is a good day!

:wave: @mcane21
Wondering if you were keeping your nerves in check and ready to get this hip show on the road so you can go into the new year hip pain free!:happydance:

Have to keep reminding myself that you are a day ahead...how is Wednesday looking?:) :-) (:
I do remember how anxious I was before my surgery, but found that the prospect of getting my life back quelled my fears somewhat.
Lots of folks rooting for you here, and the limitations you will have for a bit will only be temporary ...if you can keep your patience muscle flexed.
Hope today (my tomorrow:heehee:) is a good day!
Yeah I’m getting there! Had pre admission today and all was smooth. Some decent information on what I can bring in and also organisation of rented items ie: toilet seat, chair, cane. It’s getting oh so close now I’m actually sucking in the big breaths more and more. And it’s only Tuesday night haha. Thanks so much! And thanks to everyone for rooting me on!!! Let’s go!!!

The recovery aides freaked me out a bit?
Do I really need to use these things?
:sigh:
All Temporary was my mantra and it worked well.
Leap of faith. For sure.
But So Worth It.

The recovery aides freaked me out a bit?
Do I really need to use these things?
:sigh:
All Temporary was my mantra and it worked well.
Leap of faith. For sure.
But So Worth It.
Yeah I think my brain is more: you’ll be fine but just don’t do stupid things and recover the best way you can. Time to slow down now

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dcytpoti
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom