THR Nerve pain in foot after hip replacement

I have been put on 75 mugs twice a day so far not much help

Good morning @Damper Would you consider calling your Doctors office tomorrow and relaying this to them? I remember, from my own experience with Gabapentin that the dosage can be increased quite a bit. It seems they like to begin with a lower dose, see how you adjust and then increase accordingly. I hope this can be the case in your situation.
So, don't give up hope on it's potential benefits, just yet.
I hope you are able to snag a bit more sleep, and that you have a restful day.

Sorry if I confused you, I had been on 1500 mg of gabapentin for the last year and now he is slowly taking me off them and putting me on lyrica.going for ct scan tomorrow to see if they can see anything hopefully something will show up and we can get to bottom of this

Thank you @Damper for explaining, I am wishing for the best outcome for you.
Good luck tomorrow :praying:

I'm sorry you continue to struggle like this. Hopefully your surgeon will determine what the issue is soon so you're able to find permanent relief.
Wishing you all the best tomorrow. Please let us know how you're doing.
@Damper

So here we are six weeks after surgery still suffering a lot of pain in my foot and now moving up my leg.had cat scan last week and seen pain management yesterday. Nothing showing no pinched nerves so back to square one. He did look at my surgical scar area and he says it is still very swollen and hard and this might be causing the nerve pain.he told me to increase my gabapentin to 2700 mgs a day and keep on icing the wound.i just hope this works

Hi Damper, I sure hope it is caused by the swelling around the incision.. I'm sure you are hoping so, too.
Have you found anything else that helps with the pain? Does warm compresses help more than ice?
I have no clue and just wondering if you've experimented a bit with cold vs. hot.
I'm thinking where it hurts down at your foot, not the incision.
Please let the increase in gabapentin help!! :praying:

Wishing the very best outcome for you. @Damper

Someone just told my wife they had same problem and he used the massage setting on shower on the incision and it really helped,day 3 on increased gabapentin and I have had 2 full uninterrupted sleep nights, pain is subsiding in foot but still very nervy ,as to your other question could not stand warm water in foot massager but ice packs on foot helped a lot

Good news that you are able to sleep now, that is huge, isn't it? That's interesting about the warm water.. I was curious which would feel best.
I hope you are having a good day!

Hello @Damper :wave:
Good news you're feeling better, day by day.
Two full nights of uninterrupted sleep makes everything feel brighter.
Wishing you many more. Happy Sunday!

Hello and Happy Friday!
I hope you've had a good week and the pain in your foot and leg is easing.
We'd love to hear of any progress you're making, so please leave us a message next time you're on the forum.
Until then, peace and comfort to you!
@Damper

Yes, I'd love to hear about your week and any progress, too. Hopefully the sleep is still improving.
It makes everything so much more enjoyable.
Take care and have a great weekend!:walking:

:wave:
Hoping things are still improving!
Wishing you a good weekend.

Good morning well I have to admit that the nerve pain has eased up a little,I don’t know if this is time taking it’s course or the fact that the doctor has changed my pain medication to morphine. I am going to see a neurologist on Monday but as you know this is only a consultation so hopefully I’ll get some answers.My other problem now is that my right hip is aching even the morphine is not easing the pain.i am going to have it looked at this week, my predicament is wether to use same doctor or change to a different one.i liked my surgeon but my wife feels he hasn’t followed up enough on my nerve pain. Just wondering is there a time I would have to wait between surgeries

Hello,
It's good to read the nerve pain has eased somewhat. Hopefully it continues. I hope the appointment with the neurologist went well.

I'm sorry your right hip is bothering you on the heels of your Left THR. If you're not satisfied with your original surgeon, now would be the time to seek another for your right hip. You can check out our Surgeon Locator in the dark blue nav bar at the top of the page.

As far as time in between surgeries, we've had a couple members have their hips done a week apart, but most wait at least two months, or more, it seems. That is something you could talk over with your surgeon.

Wishing you well as you continue the journey. Stay in touch!
@Damper

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
GardenGram