Guest viewing is limited

THR Nerve pain in foot after hip replacement

Hope this resolves quickly..i know it is miserably painful.
Not from personal experience..but from close family.
No peanut butter, beans, or alcohol.
Drink drink drink!
 
Oh no... I'm sorry but at least you finally have an answer and hopefully the
pain will soon be history. Please keep us posted.
Wishing you comfort.
@Damper
 
I'll bet you are pretty relieved that the pain is from gout, and can be treated, rather than a permanent situation related to your hip replacement. Sure hope your steroids kick in quickly so you can get rid of that awful pain you've been dealing with!
 
I'll bet you are pretty relieved that the pain is from gout, and can be treated, rather than a permanent situation related to your hip replacement. Sure hope your steroids kick in quickly so you can get rid of that awful pain you've been dealing with!
Thank you much appreciated
 
:wave:Forgot to wish you a happy one month hipversary yesterday :happydance:

I'm not sure how Happy exactly I was one month out...lots of healing was still happening and I was still working out what was normal as I didn't really get a play by play on the postop realities.
Hope the toe pain eases soon and feel free to borrow my post THR mantra...
All Temporary!
Have a good day @Damper
 
:wave:Forgot to wish you a happy one month hipversary yesterday :happydance:

I'm not sure how Happy exactly I was one month out...lots of healing was still happening and I was still working out what was normal as I didn't really get a play by play on the postop realities.
Hope the toe pain eases soon and feel free to borrow my post THR mantra...
All Temporary!
Have a good day @Damper
Thank you
 
Hey there :wave:
A belated Happy One Month Anniversary to you!
I hope the meds have kicked in and your pain is lessening.
Wishing you comfort and a relaxing Thursday. :)
@Damper
 
Good morning 2:38 am having a rough few days. I went to emergency room today due to the constant pain and burning in foot.got checked for bad circulation blood clot and nerve damage plus blood work and X-ray on foot.everything came back negative so they told me no gout even though I’ve symptoms of it,they said circulation is good even though my foot goes ice cold.as you can imagine very frustrated being told to go and see a podiatrist.Quick question is there any chance my body is rejecting the new hip, has anyone ever heard of this before
 
With just having had the surgery, sounds like ?nerve related due to the inflammation from above... tingling, burning, coldness are all symptoms of possible neuropathic pain.
Why not go to GP and get referred for a Nerve conduction test??? Just an idea x.
 
With just having had the surgery, sounds like ?nerve related due to the inflammation from above... tingling, burning, coldness are all symptoms of possible neuropathic pain.
Why not go to GP and get referred for a Nerve conduction test??? Just an idea x.
Thank you had not heard of this test,appreciated
 
Hi @Damper
Hope you're still hanging in there. Wondering if you've checked in with your OS or Primary in regard to your concerns? Hopefully you've gained some reassurance by now. Stay in touch and have a great week!
 
Just back from seeing my OS sent me for hip and spine xrays also going to have cat scan, he thinks it is some sort of nerve damage also might have to go to pain management for shots. This has turned into nightmare still constant pain and very little sleep, one hour last night, thanks for your concern
 
I'm sorry. Hopefully it's nothing serious and resolves with time.
Please stay in touch, we'll be here for support and encouragement if you feel the need to connect with others who understand your worries and concerns.
Wishing you comfort and peace.
@Damper
 
Thanks I’m really at an all time low I was pleading with doctor for help, hopefully by the grace of god it Will be rectified soon
 
Oh, heavens... I really hoped things had eased some.:sad:
@Fairydell, do these symptoms sound at all like what you experienced?
 
@Damper I am so sorry to read your update. I bet you were indeed begging the doctor, nerve pain can be so nasty. I pray they get you into the next steps quickly and you find some relief!
 
Hi Damper. I haven't been around the forum lately so just catching up. I had nerve damage following my hip replacement.. The pain is dreadful. I am currently taking Pregabalin and it took a few dose increases to find a level that helps me cope with the pain. I expect to be on it for quite some time as the nerve will take a long time to repair. I hope you get some relief soon.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom