PKR Need to decide between PKR and TKR

Best Wishes tomorrow!
Hopefully you're all prepared and ready to get the show on the road.
We'll be watching for you on the healing side to share some Recovery Guidelines and cheer.
Hope to see you there soon!
@sk44tyler
 
Best Wishes tomorrow!
Hopefully you're all prepared and ready to get the show on the road.
We'll be watching for you on the healing side to share some Recovery Guidelines and cheer.
Hope to see you there soon!
@sk44tyler
Thank You! Yeah I think I’m as ready as I’ll ever be . I’ll let you all know how it goes.
 
Well I’m finally home. It’s been a long day and I’m glad to finally be out of the hospital. Overall, I think it was a huge success! Some highlights:

- Hospital staff (nurses, anesthesiologist, my Dr. etc.) were all amazing. They explained everything in detail and were super efficient at their jobs. There wasn’t much waiting around at all (except during recovery while waiting for the numbness to subside).

- My orthopedic surgeon was great. He said everything went to plan and he is happy with the outcome. One interesting thing to note: The ACI surgery I had in 2016 (basically stem cells injected under sewed in flap over a missing cartilage defect) appeared to be successful when my Dr. was examining my knee (e.g. there was some cartilage present). However, when he probed around it was all “mushy”… basically it had never formed correctly and was providing no shock absorption in my knee.

- I received a spinal which numbed me from the waist down. This was an interesting experience. Apparently when you get a spinal you don’t have to get as much general anesthesia… because of this, when I woke up I actually felt great. No headache, dizziness, nausea or anything. I’d say the only downside of the spinal is you have to wait for an extended period afterwards for the numbness to go away and you have the ability to move everything. I still would recommend this over just plain general anesthesia alone.

- I have pretty good ROM I can lie my leg flat and get pretty close to 90 deg when sitting. I did a loop around the hospital with a walker no problem (I’d say I could’ve done it without the walker ).

My pain is pretty much non-existent at this point. I feel great! Granted I am on oxy and have a pain pump administrating medicine directly into my knee . I’m currently lying in bed with my leg on a wedge and the ice machine hooked up. My wife is taking great care of me.
 
Glad to read that all went well, @sk44tyler.

Why don't you start a Recovery Thread for yourself now that you are on the other side, so we can share recovery tips with you.

Go to the Knee Recovery Forum and click on the orange button at the top right of the page that says Post Thread. You might also want to bookmark the page in your browser so you can find it right away when you return to the site.

Your pre-op thread will stay where it is even after you start your recovery thread because information discussed in the thread may be useful to other members.

Let us know if you need help!
 
Glad to read that all went well, @sk44tyler.

Why don't you start a Recovery Thread for yourself now that you are on the other side, so we can share recovery tips with you.

Go to the Knee Recovery Forum and click on the orange button at the top right of the page that says Post Thread. You might also want to bookmark the page in your browser so you can find it right away when you return to the site.

Your pre-op thread will stay where it is even after you start your recovery thread because information discussed in the thread may be useful to other members.

Let us know if you need help!
Thanks! I will do that right now
 
have pretty good ROM I can lie my leg flat and get pretty close to 90 deg when sitting. I did a loop around the hospital with a walker no problem (I’d say I could’ve done it without the walker ).
Glad all went well. Sounds really good.
 
Back
Top Bottom