Guest viewing is limited

THR Nap...

Sorry you are having the night cramps.mine were awful and painful.as soon as I lay down.got so bad one night that I had cramps for 5 hours.!!had to phone out of hours doctor.prescribed diazepam which eventually eased it.changed to recliner with lumbar support and have slept fine since.now ready to cut the diazepam down under doctor supervision.take your pain meds regularly for now.
 
Thanks @Layla and @Mojo333 - Yes, I have my five year check up scheduled for next month (a bit late but figured it doesn't need to be exact :)). Layla, you were only a bit before me so hope you are doing well too! Appreciate you both thinking of me and can't over express my gratitude for all the help you both gave me when I had my surgery - kind of like guardian angels :). Hip wise, things are fine. I walk the dog 2 miles every morning and go to the gym every other day (ride bike for 20, row for 5, and then light weights). I'll need the other hip soon as I recognize the signs but it isn't impacting my activities or sleep yet so I have some time. Two shoulder surgeries also behind me in last five years so I also keep eye on shoulder forum every now and then to see if I can help anyone. Keep working your magic here at the forum as I'm sure your posts have helped more than you recognize :)
 
So nice to know your hip is happy and thank you so much for your contributions to the forum.
Advice and encouragement from those who have actually shouldered the struggle (I kill me:heehee:) is truly powerful medicine.

Hope Hip #2 gives you some time away from recovery, friend.
 
Hi @dapplega
Yes, my surgery was just a bit before yours and I am doing well, so thank you! I am sorry you're facing a second THR, I'm guessing I will at some point also. Hopefully when the time comes the familiarity with it all will be of some comfort to you, sounds odd, but you know what I mean. I have noticed your posts on the shoulder side and the support and info you've shared here is appreciated. I'm happy to read you're engaging in the exercise you love and doing well for the most part when Lefty isn't bothering you. I wish you a lovely Autumn season, good health and happiness. Take good care and thanks for your kind words.
 
Hello all,
5.5 years post RTHR (with left likely later this year).
Unrelated to my RTHR, I have very stiff quad muscles. I've had them for years and hoped they would improve after surgery and with putting running days behind me. I've been using a massage gun on them but that got me to thinking if the vibration could be detrimental to the prosthesis. I'm going to ask my ortho for his opinion but thought I'd reach out here too.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
 
Hi. I’m 8 weeks out post hip replacement surgery. My PT used a massage gun on me last week. I was worried about this as well. I told him I had one at home and would it be ok if I did it on myself. He said it was fine as long as it didn’t give me pain when using it over the affected muscle groups. He also said to use a low setting. It didn’t feel good on my thigh, but helped the pain I was having near my groin and Upper butt area.
But I would double check with your doctor.
 

Members online

Back
Top Bottom