Guest viewing is limited

Nail polish in the OR

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. I can't believe women would actually be concerned about their toe nails not looking pretty during a TKR. In that case, you might consider getting a full body tan beforehand too because there is bound to be a lot more than just toe nails on display during the procedure.

Are you married mapmaker? Do you have daughters? Even my husband knows about the importance of painted toes..he may not understand it, but he KNOWS. I SHIVER when I see women in sandals with unpainted toes. It's a girl thing and it is not at all trivial..to US.
 
Are you married mapmaker? Do you have daughters? Even my husband knows about the importance of painted toes..he may not understand it, but he KNOWS. I SHIVER when I see women in sandals with unpainted toes. It's a girl thing and it is not at all trivial..to US.

Yes, married with daughter -- and a very lucky guy. Hey, at least they have each other for the toe nail color decisions. ;)

I think I'll just stay out of this thread like the much wiser male members of this forum have obviously done. I know when I'm out-numbered.
 
My husband and I had a pedicure date last night before we went to babysit. He sooooo enjoys it and we have been doing it for several years. No, he doesn't have polish.........BUT, he does allow our granddaughter to do his hair and plop magnetic rollers in his hair. :hysterical:
All kidding aside, I am so glad that this question was asked. I will ask my OS about this.
Here he is:
[Bonesmart.org] Nail polish in the OR
 
I agree, gotta have pretty toes!! I had my done before my LTKR and plan to have them all prettified right before my RTKR as well! Don't worry Mapmaker, my hubby doesn't "get it" either! :th_heehee:
 
Nyland, that photo reminds me of when my sons college room mate had just graduated from army ranger school and was soon leaving for Iraq. My son met him at my daughter's in Atlanta after the graduation. Flash wanted a little pampering, and wanted to get a manicure, so my daughter took the guys to her neiborhood place for the works. I wish I had a picture! My 8 month pregnant daughter, my son, and the Army Ranger, all lined up in a row getting pedicures and manicures! One of my favorite mental images of something I never got to see!
 
i can support women having nail polish ,what ever helps get over knee op is fine by me
 
if it makes anyone feel better after or before tkr i would paint mine for you ,do what you like your having the surgery good luck
 
Gosh, Richard, I expect that a picture of your feet with painted nails would be a good laugh and pick-me-up for all of us! :hysterical:
 
That sounds like a lovely color.

I'll hold off until the follow up visit, no nail polish in this OR. Sort of like the way the "no soup for you" is said on the Seinfeld Show.


This is "no polish for you". :hysterical:
 
Hi all: Well to take care of myself last Saturday May 26, I had booked a facial, massage and pedicure!. Like many, I wanted my toenails to look good. Well, it is a NO from my OS on polish. Surgery Friday, June 1.I hear a constant tick-tock in my head...........
 
I do think it's a rule of thumb--no make-up and no nail polish. There are things they are looking out for during surgery to keep you safe, and make-up and polish inhibit that. And believe me for the first few days after your surgery, it won't matter a whole lot to you anyway.
 
Hi all: Well to take care of myself last Saturday May 26, I had booked a facial, massage and pedicure!. Like many, I wanted my toenails to look good. Well, it is a NO from my OS on polish. Surgery Friday, June 1.I hear a constant tick-tock in my head...........

Good luck witH your big day. :doggieshmooze:
 
I have never thought about having my nail done before operations. I quess you could color each on a different color if allowed. :th_heehee:Let me know, would like to see what the doctor says :doggieshmooze:Tashia:friends:
 
I was allowed toenail polish but not finger polish. When asking the nurse or OS, be sure to ask specifically about toenail polish because many times they think you mean fingers, as pointed out in an earlier posting in this thread, men don't think about toes when we discuss nail polish with them. When I asked about nail polish I was told no, then I asked toenail polish is a no too?? And the response was oh, toes are ok, not fingers. They need the finger nail bed free to view/monitor oxygen levels. I did my toes pre-op and I'm so glad I did because it was at least 5 weeks before I could even think about the condition of my toes post-op.
 
I am going to my pre-op OS appointment tomorrow & I'm bringing a long list of questions, including polish on toes. Surgery on 6-4 & not a moment too soon! "Let's do this!" :thumb:
 
I would strongly advise against it. Chipped nail varnish is very good at harbouring nasty bugs. You really want to risk that? What's the point of all the fancy pre-op washes, nose swabs and so on if you then negate it all by wearing nail varnish? Even freshly applied varnish can quickly be chipped and contaminated. Don't do it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom