TKR My voyage of discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you can hardly see it! I hope I can have glue next time! My knees look like Frankenstein!
 
So it takes 6 wheelbarrow loadss to fill our inside wood box and I was able to resplit 1 load of them using the axe. My wife did the other 5. :santaclap:
 
I live in snow country. Yesterday we got several inches. I put some anti-slip traction on my shoes and fired up the snow blower and used walking behind the machine for my exercise. We have about 6-700 feet of sidewalk. Rested with ice and elevation after. Slept 8 hours last night. My knee tolerated it well. :happydance:

As we mark today's winter solstice and those of us in the Northern Hemisphere start to have more daylight time, I wish all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :merry christmas:
 
You are amazing! I can't believe how much you are doing already. And snow? This early? People in my neck of the woods would be going crazy. Take care and best wishes for a wonderful Christmas. You have a lot to celebrate!
 
Wow!! What an outstanding recovery you are having!

Have a blessed and Merry Christmas!! And don't work too hard!
 
Happy New year everyone.

Tomorrow I'm restarting, slowly, my deep water running as a walker.
 
I did Deep water for 40 minutes. It's good to socialize with a group of friends. Lunch and then ice and elevate. :swim:
 
Last edited:
Just checking in! You're doing soo well! I have been busy and not busy all at the same time so I have missed lots of updates.
 
Thursday was 45 min of gentle pt, 30 min of deep water walking, walking down 4 floors foot over foot, blowing the snow off ~400 feet of side walk, about 8,500 paces. All with no pains. today I only went for 30 min of deep water, ate lunch and had a nap while icing. Sort of like the movie Karate Kid, day on and day off.
 
@Arttie I’m scheduled for bilateral TKR on 1 Feb. Reading about your great recovery is wonderful and inspiring. Please keep those reports coming.
 
Sounds like you're doing great and doing the right thing with icing after your activity.
 
This morning at the 9 week PO point I had my 6 week follow up with my surgeon. He was pleased with my progress. Delay dentist appointment next week for another 30 days and take a prophylactic antibiotic prior to it. At this point in time I should be noticing more rapid improvements. I can start to think about walking a 5k, 10k, or half marathon as I feel up to it. My right knee should be feeling better as the left takes up more of its duties. However, if the right gets more problematic with osteo, just call the surgical scheduler since I am a familiar quantity at their practice. :heehee: Then I went and got in 40 minutes of deep water jogging.
 
Last edited:
It sounds like a great OS appointment. :yes!: :yay:

Your knee is doing very well. Be careful that you don't increase activity too rapidly. Remember that it takes a full year for complete healing of all your tissues.
 
You’re over the hump now! Great report, and you can look forward to the fun part of recovery: finding out all the things you can do with your new knee. If the other knee acts up, you won’t be making idle threats about replacing it. :heehee:
 
Put on my studded running shoes, good traction on the snow and ice, this afternoon and resplit 6 wheelbarrows of fire wood to refill the wood box. My lovely bride fills the wheelbarrows and restacks the wood box. :roseshwr:
 
Almost 11 weeks PO, today was a "honey do" day, I took out the old dishwasher installed a new one. I'm not very graceful getting up from the floor. I'll sleep well tonight.:yawn::sleep:
 
OK actually, thanks for asking. The knee is usually a little stiff in the morning. Now after church and annual potluck and meeting, rather well.

Today I have an easier task, rewire the garbage disposal power. Easier in that it is at the front of the undersink cabinet. :fingersx:
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom