Guest viewing is limited

TKR My voyage of discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you poor soul. I was always told to drink cranberry juice, though I suspect the Cipro will do the job all on its own. Hope you feel better soon! :console2:
 
The good news I got some depends, the bad news I put them on backwards.:groan:I've been lucky in that I can sleep in large chunks of time. Last night i woke every 2 hours to relieve my self but was able to fall right back to sleep, 7.5 hours total. :SUNsmile:
 
You can always look on the plus side: Good sleep, and also some fine exercise for your knee! Your circulation thanks you. :heehee:
 
It's surprising how often we get bladder or UTIs after a tkr. I had my first one a few months after my tkr. Cipro will knock it right out! I'm taking cranberry pills as a preventative.

You are sleeping well for being so early in your recovery! Your bathroom breaks are a good thing! You can sleep any time!
 
So I've been foot over foot going upstairs for some time. Today the pt got me going downstairs f-o-f! Yea. Adjusted walking sticks and worked on gait. :egypdance:Cipro's knocking out UTI. Had 1/2 grilled cheese and a cup of cream of chunky tomato soup. Life is good:santaclap:
 
Awesome news!
 
Well at the PT the steps are 6" easy risers and at home they are 7 1/4" standard risers. I'll have to practice my f-o-f down at home some more! :merryx:
 
[Bonesmart.org] My voyage of discovery
My 23 day knee
 
I'll have to practice my f-o-f down at home some more!
It's too early for you to worry about the foot over foot steps. That doesn't usually come until months down the road. Trying it too soon will just set back your recovery.
 
Most don’t worry about foot/over/foot for a while. At just a month post op, concentrate on keeping the swelling down and walking before steps.
 
So I came home from the hospital with an ice pack that wraps nicely around the knee. I would make one improvement to it though, a garter belt to keep it at the knee when getting up from the recliner and going to the fridge for a drink. :heehee:
 
I came home with a whole icing unit. A thermal ice container with tubing that pumped cold water to an attached wrap. I didn’t get up for an hour after it was all set up.
 
[Bonesmart.org] My voyage of discovery
My 5 week old knee, no skin sutures, no skin staples, mesh and glue incision closure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom