MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

Don't allow yourself to be misled by others' out of date practitioners!
 
Update: On list for MUA as bend never has improved. The knee was so painful at first and then just kept swelling, whatever I do. I hope this is going to help and that I won't be in the same pain after - it was the worst I ever had and I usually cope with pain quite well. It is a bit like failing an exam - everyone seems so disappointed about it, physios, consultant, people I know. The emotional side of this journey can certainly be a challenging as the physical.
 
You haven't given enough time for your knee to heal and reduce swelling to worry about a MUA. You can't bend it because it's swollen. You need to get the swelling down. If you have a MUA it's just going to swell more. Please give your knee more time to come down so it will bend.
 
Whoa! You're not even 12 weeks out yet! A bit soon to be pulling the plug on it.
 
Just popped by and saw your thread. This tight band vice like feeling is driving me crazy at the moment! I had an MUA at 10 weeks as had hardly any flexion in knee and progress kept going backwards. It helped the flexion but not this tightening and there is also still a numb zone outer side of knee.

@Freesia - you posted this in Dzina's thread, so we need to update your own thread.

When did you have the MUA? I'll add that to your signature if you tell me.

Did you realise that the MUA, although it helped with your flexion, will have caused some new damage to some of your soft tissues? They need time to heal.
Both the tight band feeling and the numb area are normal and they will gradually decrease as time goes by. You see, complete recovery from a knee replacement does take a full year, and you are still only part-way there. your knee is still a work in progress, not the finished product.
"Tight band" feeling across the front of my knee
Numb area after TKR: how long will it last?
 
MUA was 30th May and it has improved flexion. The tightness is more to the outer side of knee rather than right across front, plus behind knee a bit, where my Baker's cyst used to be. I'm following the advice in the articles, but it seems to stay pretty much the same. I have to go back for a review anyway.
 
Update Dec 2018:
Sorry, Admin, I don't know how to rename this recovery thread. I am now 21 months post op and been getting along relatively OK, accepting mine was never going to be the greatest of TKR results, always a bit of stiffness and swelling when been on legs all day. Have had x rays and extra physio and the consensus was nothing untoward seen. I have a lipoedema condition with swelling anyway and wear compression most days.

I have just revisited as I have had soreness just above the kneecap on op leg, slightly towards the outer side and it seems slightly swollen about a couple of inches diameter circle and sore to touch, not red or hot but the kneecap is stiff and achy walking about. A little bit irritated by the touch of my jeans so not wearing those. I don't recall any change in habit or injury other than everyday usual things. As it is Christmas almost, the GP has no appts until after the holidays unless emergencies and I'm advised to see if it will settle with the usual elevate, ice it, pain relief, etc unless worsening or changing.

I look after my elderly mother who has multiple issues and other family members are unwell at the moment, so I can only rest up so much. I guess I can only do as advised and see how it goes? Has any other member had similar happen and how did it turn out? Thanks.
 
Hi, Freesia, I’m sorry you’re having issues with your knee. I’ll tag @Josephine for you.

We can change your thread title for you, just post here what you’d like it to be.

My partial was one week before yours and I’m still having a lot of issues with it. Mine have not resolved yet. :boohoo:
 
Ah, Thanks Jockette. Sorry to hear you also have unresolved issues. I guess I could call my posts "My unresolved TKR issues!" Seasons' Greetings by the way and here's hoping next year will bring us good things.
 
I’ll have a moderator change it for you, it’s a good title.

Seasons Greetings to you, too!
 

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom