Guest viewing is limited

THR My Right THR recovery going well after almost 4 week

2 week post-op appointment went well. All is looking good. A little extra swelling compared to first hip surgery, due to blood and bruising, but bruising is almost gone. Lifted all restrictions and do only what is tolerable. I start out-patient PT next Tuesday. I had a little set back, I had a muscle spasm in my lower back. I have had these before, due to arthritis in lower back. But it is not as bad as I have had before. Just not fun to deal with while trying to keep hip moving with exercise etc. Probably rest everything for a couple of days and get back felling OK. Hope to be moving good with PT next week. Still using walker for safety, not quite ready for cane yet. Over all, feeling good about progress.
 
3 week Post-up. Moving pretty good. Had 2 PT sessions this week. Friday going into last weekend, had a back spasm and the next day some muscle in the butt felt twisted and limited walking for about 48 hours, but everything doing well now. I have most eliminated pain meds except at night and first thing in the morning. Shooting for using only cane next week.
 
Repeat over and over. "i'm healing not training'!
 
4 week post-op - no joint pain , started using cane last weekend, using walker for any lengthy walks. Did a test drive on Monday with no issues, continued PT yesterday, Tuesday. Did well. One day after muscles are tired and a little sore and tight, but expect that to get better as muscles get stronger and more endurance. Plan on driving to PT on Thursday. All is good!!!!
 
PT yesterday, Tuesday. Did well. One day after muscles are tired and a little sore and tight
You're not too far into recovery to be icing when this occurs, if you're not doing so already. Icing should help ease soreness and tightness (swelling)
Happy One Month Anniversary! :wave:
 
Yes, Ice is my friend. I have PT use ice after a session and use ice later in the day. Good suggestion.
 
6 week post-op. Walking around house with out cane. Use counter or wall for balance if needed, but not really needed. Use cane when leaving the house. mostly for safety, but also to keep walking gate straight. Glutes still weak and tend to want to wobble when walking any distance. I can feel improvement every week. No pain in the hip, just a little muscle pain after at night after an active day. Continuing with PT 2 days a week. Mostly working on strengthening those muscles that keep you balanced when walking and standing. Looking forward to trying out bowling in a week or two.
 
Hello @Slamjamm
Thanks for sharing the encouraging update for those following behind you. You're doing well!
You're wise to carry the cane while away from home as its signals others to steer clear.
Glad to read you are noticing steady improvement. Keep up the good work and have a wonderful week! :wave:
 
I remember trying the bowling, it took a little adjustment but I could bowl but not at 6 weeks.
 
9 weeks post-op. Left hip is doing well. I can tell there is more strengthening of muscles needed, but no pain. I have developed some pain on IT Band area ( side of quad) of right leg. I had a very sore muscle cramp about 3 weeks after right hip replacement back in May that probably hasn't healed yet, due to the extra work of right leg during left hip recovery. PT and I hope there is still healing going on. Working with massage, heat and exercise, hopefully to move past that. Had a little set back because of Covid about 2 weeks ago. Missed PT for a week and was pretty weak the first 3 days. Back on the mend though. I did try a practice session bowling this week. I wasn't comfortable using my usual 4 step approach, but bowled 2 games with just one step and felt OK afterwards. Hopefully bowling regularly, even with one step after Thanksgiving.
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope the pain in your IT band area is easing. Sorry to hear you had Covid, thankfully that is now behind you. Wishing you a happy, healthy holiday season! :santa-dance:
@Slamjamm
 

Staff online

  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom