Revised PKR to TKR My Revision Journey<

Great story, but ZZI hope I'm just a bit faster than that, :sigh:
 
Why all of a sudden can I not sign into any of the forums except my own thread?
 
I can see all the posts as long as I'm logged out. As soon as I log in I can only see my own posts. I think there needs to be a new update.
 
They're still working on the up date. Hopefully soon it'll be up and running.
 
It's back to working this morning.

However, I did like that for a period of time yesterday while on my iPhone I could see people's signatures with their date of surgery. No longer had to guess or scroll back to their first page to read it. Now it's back to the old way :sad: Hope they work and get that fixed too.
 
Yay! With this new update I can now see everyone's date of surgery on my iPhone!
Sure makes it a lot easier. :loveshwr:
 
How's everything going Carol??


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Revision Journey<

Greetings from Shanghai, China!

After 6 long months I was cleared to return to work and just flew my first trip. It was scary going back not knowing how my knee would react on our 14 hour flight.

Am I totally exhausted?? YES!!

Is my knee and every other part of my body sore?? ABSOLUTELY!!

But, it's really nothing more than discomfort from an extremely long day.

I brought along my ice bag and I was able ice my knee during my 4 hour break and I think that helped immensely.

I still have the continuous tight band feeling in the front of my knee and stiffness when I've been sitting too long, but I'm happy that my knee did not visibly swell up during the flight. I had discomfort but not any actually pains.

I'm glad to be here and this is the view that was awaiting me in my hotel room.

I'm now going to sleep for a much needed rest. I may even go shopping tomorrow.

:sleeep::yahoo:
 
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS @ flyaway79! Not only are you back in the *real* world, you're in Shanghai! Yikes, you really did it! I'm delighted for you and you must be thrilled! Cheers!:cheers:

Your view is spectacular and your knee held up darn well all things considered! I wish it would just behave completely and drop the tight band/swelling stuff, but I still believe it will in time. Everyone seems to have a slightly different *clock* for that, but it really can't go on forever. :SUNsmile: In your shoes, I'd shop till I almost dropped, almost being the key word, lol. Enjoy your spectacular visit!:happydance:
 
fantastic update flyaway79. that is a long flight, 14 hours and you did it. what a spectacular view. we were there when our kids were young and went to the shanghai acrobatics show and we also got "shanghaied" at the airport in an illegal taxi. enjoy all the travel and new places on your flights. congratulations getting back to work.:flwrysmile:
 
Congratulations! That is a long flight for your first one back, but it sounds like you made it through. I think it will take a while to recognize what fatigue is due to the knee and what is due to the fact that you were off work for 6 months. That picture is wonderful - makes me want to travel right now (not that it's going to happen for a while). Good luck on your trip home. Oh, and enjoy the shopping!
 
Congratulations, @flyaway79 !
You've got your regular life back again and your new knee is behaving well, which was the whole point of having the surgery. :yes!: :happydance: :yay::spin:
I'm so pleased for you.
 
Way to go @flyaway79! I'm pretty envious right now......would love to see that view and I hear shopping in Shanghai is spectacular. Try not to overdo it before your trip back.
 
Yippee and whoppi! Your life is getting back to normal, but without that arthritis pain! Wonderful!
 
Congrats @flyaway79. Glad you hear you survived your first long, really long, flight! Enjoy Shanghai and hope your knee will get used to work life really soon.
 
Just amazing Carol!!! Some mind stimulation. How's the ache after the flight?? I've been back a few days a week and it's struggling and getting fatigued very quickly.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
6mth anniversary Carol! Are you anywhere exciting in the world to celebrate??? X


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom