Guest viewing is limited

THR My recovery thread.

I didn't know you could do that.I agree.It would be nice to hear from her.
 
Yeah.i can get up if I have something to hold onto.it takes a bit of effort,but I can do it.I know because i fell last night.I wasn't hurt thankfully.
 
Well that's scary, allena, thankfully you weren't hurt when you fell.
I hope you have a good day. Try to stay on your feet today. :wink:
@allena
 
yes,it was!I had a good reason though.my toilet decided to become a fountain.i slipped on the wet floor.oh the joy!I'll do my best to not fall today-or anytime soon!I hate falling.:(
 
Oh my stars...
:bignono: No falling.
It's against the rules...

Glad you weren't badly hurt.
Toilet fountains aren't my favorite:unsure:
 
Dear Allena,

Sorry that i have not been around for a while. My mum died about a month ago and before that i was nursing her full time.

I have not had a chance to read your updates yet but i hope that things are going well for you. You deserve it.

With all the stuff with my mum my Agnes has being playing up, big time! I Hope that your Agnes is on vacation.

Sending you lots of good wishes,

Ginny xx
 
Hello this is my first post on the recovery tbread.i am feeling better today.i am not quite so wobbly as yesterday.My iv was removed today. So happy.I'll be starting my physical therapy today.i am hoping that i will be released from the hospital tomorrow. I miss my cats and my own bed.i will enjoy being able to sleep without all the interruptions!I don't like being woke up when I am sleeping well.grrr
I think the worst part is sharing a two patient room with someone who likes to keep the TV on, whose tastes in TV are obnoxious. Second worst: the food! On the other hand it's nice having pleasant nurses around to help you those first two days or so. Remember, when you take that first walk around the hospital corridor on your walker with a physical therapist, that the nice new fake hip is DESIGNED to SUPPORT YOUR WEIGHT. Take courage!

Just so you know, once you recover life will be FANTASTIC! I aggressively did everything I could, once I was home, to wean myself off the walker (recovery took apx 2 months, each hip, done separately). Once I was walking normally, after the second hip replacement healed, I experimented with a pair of beloved, supercomfy 2" heels and discovered to my utter glee that I could walk comfortably in them. Further experimentation at a local DSW store showed me that I could actually walk in up to 3" heels.

For me, the most appalling aspect of recovery was the shocking realization, after the fact, that within that one year post-recovery I had bought 40 pairs of new shoes, most of them 2" heels! I continued reveling in my freedom to wear such shoes until, about 8 years later, my knees started to go. Sadly I am now stuck with Sketchers until I get my knees replaced by nice new fakes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@ploarbear.I was in a single person room so no annoying room mate.I hated the food also.I walked better the day of the surgery than the day before the surgery.of coarse I could hardly walk before the surgery.I had my surgery last november.
 
t's been almost 10 months since my surgery.I have no updates aside from that other that I am doing well.
 
Hi allena,
I hope you had a nice holiday weekend. Always good to hear you're doing well.
Wishing you a great week. Are you expecting to be affected by Dorian?
If so...stay safe!
@allena
 
hi!it was ok.I hope you have a good week too.We aren't affected by hurricanes usually.the worst that will happen is that we will have a rainy day.We are too far inland to get hit by a hurricane.It's a 8 hour drive to myrtle beach.
 
:) :-) (:Thanks @allena For your concern...I think it might just mean some heavy rain and tropical storm force winds.
Hope it gives me a day off of work though.:fingersx:
 
you're welcome.I am glad it won't be too bad for a hurricane.I would think you would get the day off.I hope you do too.
 
I would have a hippy happy hurricane party :chuckmarch:
But likely will be working hard with outlying rural citizens who may need food resources.

Hope you are doing well, my hippy pal.:friends:
 
Last edited:
that's a good thing to do.helping people I mean.Yes,I am doing well-just slowly getting better.
 
@alexthecat .Yes.yep.so true. I do envy those who are back to normal in 2 or 3 months ,but my situation was not going to allow for that.It was too complicated,too severe and long lasting.I'm happy to be getting better as opposed to worse.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom