Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

My doctor saw my legs and didn't seem at all concerned, he thought both of them were at 5 which is acceptable. But the pt kept measuring them at 5 and 12. The doctor didn't actually measure them, he just eyeballed it and seemd very satisfied. I think I was supposed to go back to him at the 6 month mark but forgot. So today I am making the appointment. Better late than never I hope.
 
Appointment for March 19th. Wish it was tomorrow.:)
 
I know what you mean! I'm waiting to see my neurologist and the best they could do is the end of April!!!

But, looking at your situation another way, you have a month to work on your extension, and that will give him good info with which to decide a course of action (if any is needed). I bet if you had an appt. tomorrow he'd say try this and that and come back in two months anyway.
 
Well here I am at 10month post op and my knees never got straight, so my surgeon is allowing me to try the JAS system. It came yesterday and what a contraption it is, but I think for anyone thats early in recovery it would work fast! If anyone is having problems with extension or flexion early in their recovery, you might want to try this thing. Since I'm already 10 months out, its going to be a trial to see what works, if anything. The rep of the system says she done this for 17 yrs and has seen it work for people at my stage of recovery. So please say a prayer! I did it for the first time yesteray and it doesn't hurt a bit. You can feel a slight pulling sensation and you turn a wheel to make it pull a bit more, you do it six times in 30 mins. Not so bad.. But when I finished my leg felt so weak and I wonder why? It took about an hour for the weak feeling to go away.. Also when in the brace I started feeling mild twitching sensations so it must be doing something or other. Just thought I would share this info for anyone interested.
 
Hello! I I had BTKR 10 months ago also! I hope this "system" works for you. Keep us updated :SUNsmile: Joan
 
How are you doing at 10 months Joan?
 
Can you post up some pictures of it---or a website---I think that it would be interesting to take a look at.

We will indeed keep you in our thoughts and prayers for the positive effects!
 
I agree, I have never heard of it. But, I really wish you well. I did just look up the website--thanks for the tip, Tim!!

What is your rom extension now? I know that Margaret had a quad lag which they thought might have been from her femoral block. What is your reason for using this for device?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just googled it and looked at the website. Very interesting! I hope you have great success with it @scaredinCA ! !
 
I wanted to post a picture but I have no idea how to do so.. The best way to see the contraption is to google it. I really don't know what my measurements are now, but they bounced from 10 to 5 awhile back and never straightened out more than 5 in both legs. My bend is around 95 each.. Right now I'm concentrating on getting them straight and if this works, then I'll try to bend them further. I hope this thing works and I can already tell you that it doesn't hurt a bit because you control it slowly. Its a slow process but I can feel it doing something and feel it afterwards. The back of my thigh is sore today so I know that its doing its job even if it doesn't hurt while doing it. :yes!:
 
Hi! I am doing well .:yes: I am feeling NORMAL again for the first time in many many years suffering with bad knees. The surgery was actually nothing compared to the misery I endured for 10 years prior. I am so so grateful that I was able to have this life giving surgery. I say thanks every day! I hope that this method that you are trying to get your knees functioning well works for you! Please keep in touch with us and know we care and want to hear from you! I will keep you in my prayers. Joan:flwrysmile:
 
Thats great news Joan and thanks for prayers!! I feel as you do, I am so grateful to have had this surgery even though I didn't have the speedy recovery some have, and my legs aren't as straight as we had hoped they'de be, I'm still glad because at least I can walk around, I'm not in a wheelchair, and I don't live in horrible pain anymore. I'll keep in touch to let everyone know if the JAS system works for me.. If it can get my legs better after 10 months from surgery, then other members need this information in case they need help.
 
OK, so you're willing to be the official Bonesmart JAS lab rat? I'm ready to hear all about it.
 
Hey - it's people from around the time I had my surgery! I'm 9 months PO. Never heard of this system.....hopefully it'll work for you!!
 
I'm 6 months out and can't straighten knee either. I think it is 7 and my bend 95. I'm interested in how it works for you.
 
Hi, if I recollect rightly, when we debated this system many moons ago, some of us thought it might offer nothing more than the normal exercises would. It was all supposition at the time, and it will be interesting to see the results of our labrat's experiment.
If it is successful (and I hope it is), it would be nice to know why you suspect it better.
Good luck!
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom