Cinders2023
junior member
- Joined
- Dec 21, 2022
- Messages
- 88
- Age
- 59
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
United States
United States
I hope so too, Cinders! You could use a break. Here’s to turning corners!I’m hoping that this next month will begin a turning point for me.

United States
You know, after you said this, I went back and took a quick look at my thread around 3 months. Honestly, I think I was trying to post mostly when I was at my best (didn’t want to be a total downer!) I remember it being so much worse than you can see by my posts. Don’t get me wrong, I had moments of optimism (I’m an optimist!) but some really low lows too. I was so glad when that first 4 months of hell had passed! I’ll be following your thread and can’t wait to see you on the upswing!@JusticeRider I know you know what I’m feeling. Just this week I went back through your recovery thread to see your struggle at the 3 month mark
United StatesI stopped posting frequently, because I felt bad always posting negative feelings. But here goes…Honestly, I think I was trying to post mostly when I was at my best (didn’t want to be a total downer!)

I know you must be going through a lot. One thing amaze me, why is there not a universal protocol for TKR recovery? why we have to suffer a lot due to differential recovery procedure of each "expert"my in home PT had advised me to stop doing exercises and just walk.
United States
Cinders, I’m glad you’re posting even if it’s not sunshine and roses. That what we’re all here for. We all need support and I think most everybody here wants to help others too.I stopped posting frequently, because I felt bad always posting negative feelings. But here goes…
United Kingdom
@Roy Gardiner has a tutorial on here
United States
United States
United States
United StatesYippee!! That is a big step you have taken there!Last week I was able to peddle the bike forward for the first time ever!
What I found helpful was to go back on my thread and read my beginning posts. This showed me that I really had improved and helped so much on those many down days.So I need to focus on what I can do and not let what I can’t do control my mood.
United States
Happy Four Month Anniversary!My MUA was 2weeks ago and I am just shy of my 4 month knee-aversary.
United States
United States
United StatesThanks! You too.Have a nice weekend!
United StatesThat is because it is full of fluid. Get that fluid out of there and the tightness will diminish some.I feel like I have cement in my knee capsule. It’s tight and heavy feeling.
Oh my, you are doing way too much for not even a month out from an MUA. An MUA causes trauma to an already traumatized knee. This results in increased pain, swelling, and tightness. I suggest you stop everything extra and just let your everyday normal daily activities be your PT and exercise. This also means lots of resting, icing, and elevating. Your knee hasn't had a chance to heal yet with all you have been doing. Stop everything extra for at least a month and you should be a vast improvement.The last 2 weeks I started going to the gym on non pt days to use the bike 5-10 minutes and walk on the treadmill 10-15 minutes. I bought a used recumbent bike last week and I have been sing it 5 mins a time 3 times a day since Friday.