THR My new hip :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Josephine, forgive me for making up names for exercises I didn't know the names of :)
Standing exercises: 1 set of 10
Leg lifts
Leg raises
Side leg lifts
Calf raises

Sitting exercises: 1 set of 10
Edge of the chair:
Leg extensions

Reclined with legs straight: 1 set of 10
Ankle pumps
Squeezing my bottom/ hold for 5 secs
Sliding my legs to the side
Sliding my leg backward/forward
Raise my leg(this is really difficult so he helps me)
Monday we did bridges but none today.
 
I also remember that the OS told me on day 2 that he had to use a larger sized cup on this time so I'm wondering if that's why the pain is so much worse .
It's so very easy for us to look at specific reasons for pain and miss the obvious. To be doing all those exercises at only one week out is totally ridiculous! I suggest you stop them for at least 3 weeks and see what happens. I think you'll find your pain subsides a lot.If it does, I recommend you stop them permanently. Truly. Hips actually don't need much exercise to get better. They do a pretty good job of it all on their own if given half a chance. Trouble is, people don't give them a chance and end up with all sorts of aches and pains and sore spots. All they need is the best therapy which is walking and even then not to excess.
 
Oh wow ok, I really over looked that because we did the same thing in March with the other side with no problems. I can see how the exercise could've made it worse. Thanks so much for taking the time to look into this for me because it's tough to deal with.
:-) you're awesome, thank you.
 
Lol fair enough :-)
I'll definitely ease up on the PT for sure!
 
Hi Blessed

It's all about seeing what suits you, you have to remember you have had a major op and need time to rest up before starting your recovery. I have changed my routine with my revision and hardly done much exercise and very little walking and concentrated on walking in water at the local pool.

Billy
 
@forbesy, great points!
Things have been getting better for me over time thank God. The pool sounds like a great idea so I'm going to give that a shot when I'm cleared to submerge my incision. Thanks again Billy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom