Guest viewing is limited

TKR My LTKR journey

My question (I know it was a long way to ask a question) is is anyone else having this “feature”?
Yep, I do! Although the "noise" is much diminished over time, I still feel a slight clicking/clunking sensation when I walk in my right knee (which was done Sept. 2021). It doesn't hurt and no one else can hear it. I've just become so accustomed to it that I don't even notice in any longer.

In fact, what brought it to my attention was that -- now that the swelling is going down -- my newly replaced knee has started to do the same. My surgeon said that the sensation does eventually go away, but -- even if it doesn't -- I'm not worried since the knee functions perfectly.

Although, right now, I do feel like a bit of a one-man band when I walk down the hallway! :loll:
 
Hi Tino2you! :wave:
I've read that the clunking can be caused by air buildup in the joint. Ligaments and tendons around the knee joint may stretch slightly as they pass over a small bony lump and then snap back into place, causing a sound in the knee. I know that it's common because we read of it often and I'm guessing it abating after one year is only an average as many still notice improvement into their second and third years post op. Congrats on your new four day old hip! The New Year should be a good one for you! :happy-new-year-smiley-emoticon-4:
@Tino2You
 
Hey...you just passed the one year anniversary since your TKR. Happy One Year Anniversary!
Also, Happy One Month Anniversary since your THR. How are you doing? Please let us know when you have the time. Hope to hear from you soon! :)
@Tino2You
 
Hi everyone. I haven't been in much in the past few months and (fingers crossed) this may be my last post. To catch you up, I had my TKR in January 2023 and my LHR in December 2023. All things considered, I would consider a hip replacement the easier procedure and recovery.

I had my 1 year post OP surgeon visit. Xray's look fine. Pain is gone and I feel pretty good. Over the summer, I started developing pain in my knee. Surgeon said the hip needs replacement. I had the shot and shortly afterwards scheduled the THR. Now, 66 days later, I am ready to go back to playing golf!

Oh well, take care. Thanks for all of the advice and encouragement I received in this journey!

Cheers,
tino
 
Great news, @Tino2You! I do agree with you that the hip recovery is easier of the two!

Enjoy golfing pain free this year. Please do come back once in a while to let us know how you are doing!
 
Glad you're doing so well. Just in case you stop by...Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Wishing you a year of peace, happiness and good health. Stop by on occasion and let us know how you're doing.
We'll love to hear from you. Take good care!
@Tino2You
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom