PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

Record for the longest recovery.............I think several of us are up for that award. Ugh.

We have a one story house, but the house across the street has 5 steps, a landing then 5 more steps. I've practiced on those steps in the past. No its not pretty nor easy nor pain free. I'm sure you were tired after climbing stairs, its different than your used to doing. It sounds like slow and steady is how your healing, nothing wrong with that in my book.
 
I have other news that I forgot to mention yesterday. I went for a massage last week, first one in years, and the first one ever that was a good experience.

Thanks to my PTs and my surgeon, I have been afraid to let anyone touch my leg.

This massage therapist was extremely gentle. She didn’t do what I thought was a typical massage. For this first appointment she did what she called energy. She just barely put her hands on my legs, at intervals, and just lightly held or put a tiny bit of pressure.

When she got to my replaced knee, she just cradled it and gently held it. I layed there thinking, she’s touching my knee and I’m ok with that. Wow. That’s a huge milestone for me.

Of course we had talked for a while before she even started, I told her of my upsetting PT experience, and my chiropractor (who recommended her to me) had texted her the night before and told her I needed extreme gentleness.

I asked her if she was familiar with the Highly Sensitive Personality (that I have) and she was. We talked about that, too.

I will see her again in a few weeks.
 
What good news! I'm a year behind you and I still have some bad times. But, it sounds like you are getting better and better as time goes on. The pool success is a big high five! Keep on getting better!
 
My husband had a chiropractor appointment this morning. I went with him. Guess who I met in the waiting room. My new massage therapist!

I only had time to introduce her to my husband and tell her that I felt really good after my appointment and they called my husband back. I would love to have chatted with her more.
 
Wow, what are the chances of that! It must be an omen! She sounds really understanding and a good listener. That is so important when working with the public.
 
Wow, what are the chances of that!
I knew my chiropractor was a client of my therapist. That’s how she thought I would do well with this therapist, she knows her well.

I didn’t realize that my therapist was also a client of my chiropractor. It was fun to run into her today.
 
Well, my knee surprised me today, twice, in a good way.

First, I was laying down and did the movement of a heel slide (I do not do heel slides these days) just to see what my leg would do. Normally laying down I get the worst bend. But today, it actually bent as good as the non operated knee!

I’ll be. 2.5 years post op next month and my flexion is still improving. :wowspring:

I should go back and tell my PT who told me about the window of opportunity, just after he pressed the button to lower the table I was sitting on, which made my knee bend further, very painfully, by default, at less than 2 weeks post op, but I’m no longer speaking to him.

And second, when I was getting out of the pool today I walked up the 4 steps, foot over foot, (holding the railing) as easy as anything.
:wowspring:

I don’t know why it was so easy, it's the first time I ever even tried to come out of the pool foot over foot. I tried today because I knew there were several people watching me. My knee showed off beautifully.

Last week I could hardly manage the pool steps one foot at a time. The steps are high, so they’ve been an issue for me.

I don’t think this is a trend, but the timing today was perfect, in front of my neighbors!
 
Last edited:
Tell your knee that you are very proud of her and maybe she'll continue to behave.
Maybe I should, I’ve been rather critical of it.

My other knee is bothering me more, but I keep telling it it’s fine!
 
My other knee is bothering me more, but I keep telling it it’s fine!
I do the same thing! Neither one of us have a really good outcome from the first replacement and certainly don't want to do another knee!
 
I do the same thing! Neither one of us have a really good outcome from the first replacement and certainly don't want to do another knee!
@Jockette My other knee is bone on bone and because of problems with rt knee replacement/revision I don't want TKR on that knee. HOWEVER, I discovered QUELL, wearable pain relief technology 10/18. I wear it 24/7 except when it needs to be recharged like your smartphone. You can buy it at CVS and you have 90 days to return if it doesn't work.
 
I saw my massage therapist today and got a real massage for the first time from her (she’s done energy treatments the previous two visits) and oh my, it was the best I ever had! I didn’t want to get up when she was done! I finally know what others meant when they said how relaxed they were after a massage. (That did not happen for me with other massage therapists.)

She worked mostly on my legs, with gentle special attention to my replaced knee, and I am so thrilled that I don’t mind at all when she touches it. That is huge for me. She is so gentle it’s easy to trust her with my knee.

She finished with some massage to my upper back, shoulders and head. I love her gentle touch.

Thank you, @CricketHip for your encouragement and information in helping me find the right massage therapist for me. My chiropractor was the final help in telling me about this therapist, as she goes to her, too!
 
@Jockette Best news I've heard all day! In fact all week!! I am so pleased that you found a capable, licensed massage therapist. We are out there, it just takes some research and it always helps to hear good reviews from others.
I think with time, this will be a big help to you. :loveshwr:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom