PKR My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee

A 5 extension is better than a 10-12 extension. The closer you get to straight, the lower then number. Bend is the opposite, the higher the number, the better.
 
Well at almost 9 months post op progress is still continuing, I am doing much better with sewing projects.

What does my knee have to do with sewing? Well, there are a lot of “sit to stands” getting up and down from the chair I sit in at the machine. And I can stand pretty much as long as I want to at my ironing board where I prepare my pieces to be sewn.

Also, my knee is bending better while sitting at the machine, and the bend I need when I swivel/turn my chair to clear the table leg so I can get closer to the machine.

I think think only a month ago this was not the case.

There is light at the end of the tunnel.

:reindeer: This icon looks like a dreaded exercise!:rotfl: . Not that we do them here on Bonesmart!
 
that's excellent news Jockette. wonderful when our knees make those chores a little easier.
 
Standing as long as you want at the ironing board is indeed a sign of progress! I think standing in one place is one of the last hurdles. Go, Jockette!
 
It's the little things, isn't it? More ease with getting in and out of the car. Or the sit to stand, like you say. There's sit to stand (getting there one way or the other)... and then there's sit to instantaneous stand, which is really where we want to be. I remember being so thrilled, truly thrilled, the day I got off the sofa and made it to the phone in time to actually ANSWER the call! Progress! It's so good you can stand at the ironing board now and do all the sewing things. You're getting back so much more of your life! :tree:
 
[Bonesmart.org] My Drama Queen Patellofemoral Knee
Here is the tote I made to carry my portable raised toilet seat, it is in the box it came in, inside the tote. The tote has a zippered top:
 
wow, great idea...i've been going to ask what you've been sewing.:window:
 
@liam2015, I also just finished a fleece hooded cape, my biggest project since surgery. I lined it with flannel. I like it so much I might make another one, but without a lining, for warmer days. :santaclap:

I does feel good to sew again. My knee did well. However, my back did not. Oh well, one can’t have everything!
 
good for you, Jockette. it must feel good to complete projects. sorry your back didn't do as well ~ maybe some back exercises will help ~ great about your knee doing so well.:tree:
 
Oh, I 'd love to see a picture of your cape. Your toilet seat tote is ingenious. I can "identify" with the back pain. I've never had back pain, but had quite a bit when I was making the guest room curtains last month. It's the bending and stretching when laying out and cutting the fabric that's the culprit. So happy to hear of all your progress.
 
@phrog I do get the lower back pain when leaning over a table to pin a pattern or cut it out. Basting a quilt is very painful, too!

My back hurts while sewing at the machine in a different place, my ribs don’t stay in place and while sewing I am leaning forward, and reaching, which after a while pulls a rib out of place. Probably because of almost 40 years of sewing!
 
I was so excited to find the thin teal rope/twine for the tie on the hood!!! It was the sprinkles on the icing on the cake!!!:loveshwr:
 
Anything in the teal family is my current favorite color!

When we moved into our current house 2 years ago I did my bedroom in variations of teal.
 
I love the cape, Jockette!! We talk all the time about things that are worth the pain - that cape definitely looks worth the pain! :heehee:
 
I guess I should call it my recovery cape. :flwrysmile:

Thank you phrog and Susie for the compliments.
 
Jockette, Good morning. I see you are an early riser. I woke at 3:15 . Managed to go back to sleep till after 7. My mother could sew. My clothes looked better than anything in the store. I wish I had learned. I was too impatient.

A knee replacement requires a knee + patience + Bonesmart. I Am trying find all the slow benders on the site. That is still my concern - not because I'm pushing. I still get a sort of wine colored knee soon after I am up and moving around. I suppose this normal? I'm 8 weeks yesterday. At 3 weeks I wanted 4; at 4 weeks I wanted 5. You get the picture. I go to PT tomorrow. Should see what my ROM is?
I love all the cat pictures. Thank you.
 
Hi, @jakeleg I am not really an early riser, more of an “I get up when I wake up and who knows when that will be” riser! Even before surgery I didn’t sleep well, so I’m used to it. Because of that, I don’t make early morning appointments.

I live in a 55+ community and my friends know I don’t like to go out early.
But it’s becayse I like to ease into the day and relax when I get up.
They think I sleep all morning!:rotfl:
They would laugh to hear you say I’m an early riser.

I was up earlier than usual today.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom