TKR My 2nd knee replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping this will help with my healing!!!! Woohoo

Sent from my ASUS MeMO Pad 7 using Tapatalk
 
Doing better with walking! Still some pain but doing more home exercises!!!!

rtkr 19 July 2016. ltkr 20, December 2016
 
My bend is at an 85 and I'm at a 5 on the straightness! I know they are just numbers but I feel somewhat better!!!! I'm at 5 weeks woohoo

rtkr 19 July 2016. ltkr 20, December 2016
 
Question???? Is it normal to have pain in the back of my ankle on the opposite side of my surgery???? PT going well I'm not in so much pain but I also let them know when not to push it

rtkr 19 July 2016. ltkr 20, December 2016
 
Which leg has pain in the ankle - left or right? It's not easy to understand when you just say "the opposite side of my surgery".
I'm going to ask @Josephine to advise you.
 
Sorry the pain is in my right ankle!

rtkr 19 July 2016. ltkr 20, December 2016
 
Went to my follow-up with surgeon and he told me another four weeks off of work. Apologized for the miscommunication of the pain medicine. He said he would never have cut someone two weeks out from surgery off pain medicine. So I guess I just have to keep trudging along!

rtkr 19 July 2016. ltkr 20, December 2016
 
So Tuesday I will be 9 weeks out! Finally starting to feel better. My knee still hurts but is manageable. So a week and a half ago I went to work to talk to my boss and she let me go due to the fact she needed someone fulltime and I was not physically or mentally ready to go back fulltime. I was so depressed for about 3 days then I decided I'm th only one who can change my progress. So almost a month ago my bend was at 80 and she measures me last Friday and my bend is 102!!! Finally!!! My extension is almost perfectly straight!!

rtkr 19 July 2016. ltkr 20, December 2016
 
Wow I would have been flipping out if my pain medication was taken away 3 weeks out! Do I have that right? My anxiety and panic episodes were/are so much worse since the surgery. Slowly getting better. I think I am like 15 weeks post op. Some times the pain still makes me break down crying. I am sick of the knee pain. And as for doing my other knee as some of you have I will just live with the pain because I would never have a second TKR.
 
Yes I only had two weeks worth of pain meds! It was horrible and I couldn't do my pt at all. I tried but it hurt o be I cried. They say a year and it will feel better. I only had 5 months in between surgeries. I think I should have waited a little longer! Where is most of your pin. Mine was more in my quads and my calves. My ankles hurt really bad. Now I'm just waiting to be released by the Dr so I can find a new job!

rtkr 19 July 2016. ltkr 20, December 2016
 
I'm sorry that you were let go from your job. Were you on short term disability from your job? If so you shouldn't be fired. That's just wrong. I'm sure that you will find even a better one once you are ready.
 
No benefits with that job. I think it was time to find something that offered days off and etc. I was her only employee

rtkr 19 July 2016. ltkr 20, December 2016
 
I'm sorry your boss fired you. I would have thought she'd be wiser and realise that you already knew the job and would be back soon. Now she'll have to train a new person.

However, with a boss like that, I'm sure you will find a better job, with more forward-thinking employers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom