TKR Muscle spasms<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. It seems they are always so busy but that does make sense.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
@sbcamp is it possible your IT Band is causing you the pain? I had something similar with my right knee. I complained so much I finally had an ultrasound. The first radiologist said there was nothing. Then an orthopedic radiologist became free and redid the ultrasound. There was fluid in the band and lots of swelling. A couple of weeks later I had an injection in the band and that helped a lot. I also went back to physical therapy to work on just the IT Band. It took a long time, but eventually worked. Good luck, keep us posted.
 
@momweb. Good to know. I called the OS office and left a message on the medical assistants line as that is their procedure. Hopefully they will have some ideas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Wondering what you might suggest for pain located LB4 D?
[Bonesmart.org] Muscle spasms<


You mean here? That's probably ITB (ilio-tibial band) issue
 
@sbcamp,

What you are experiencing sounds very similar to what I experienced during my first 8-10 weeks. I especially noticed it at night as I was trying to relax and get to sleep. I was told it was related to the healing process, especially that associated with muscles and nerves healing. As new nerve connections are made, it was causing the muscles to twitch which then caused a cascade of activity until I was in a full blown spasm! Only thing I found gave relief was massage or getting up and walking a bit (part of the reason I didn’t get much sleep at night during all those weeks)!

It should get better. I haven’t really had any issues for several weeks now, except for when I overdo things.
Thanks for this info - I'm having a few issues and this describes some of my symptoms . I feel reassured . @ChrissyW I don't know if you've seen this ?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom