Guest viewing is limited

THR Muscle issues 3 months post op THR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Phillygirl, I'm going to tag Jo and see if she can give you any input on this pain and your scan results. @Josephine:

Hang in there!
 
oh dear! I am afraid that one is outside my sphere of knowledge. Sorry.
 
I have not updated in a while, I have been to my doctor. I am still having alot of swelling and pain so I had lab work done and am going to have an MRI. This is where you do not want them to find anything but then again something is wrong so you want to know what is going on. The pain is different thAn preop. Preop I was having excruciating pain that I could not sleep at night. I hope I get some answers.:what::what::what:
 
Phillygirl Hope the MRI spits out something specific for you to work on. But, nonetheless, you are still under six months recovery and in Philly you have tons of resources should you need some other opinions at some point. Keep busy with some "me" stuff, and don't lose your optimism--we all have to remember we will be in a much better position to evaluate our outcomes in a year. :thumb:
 
Please do let us know the results of the MRI.....let's hope it gives you some of those answers you're looking for.
 
Re: Muscle issues 6 months post op THR

I have not posted in awhile I have been extremely busy. I had a metal subtracting MRI that showed trochanteric bursitis and edema around gluteus medius muscle. I saw a doctor in Philly yesterday and he does not know why I have this. I am going for ultrasound guided injections of the gluteus he is hoping this will resolve with this. If not I go back and the next step would be a bone scan to see if there is a missed fracture. I am keeping my fingers crossed. If I have an injection and this resolves I will be so happy.:thumb:
 
Hope your issues will be resolved with the injection Phillygirl. You've come a long way since surgery. My girlfriend developed bursitis after her revision, had her first shot last winter and a second one this summer. Now it seems to be fine. Good luck.
 
Lots of Smarties have reported good results after their injections Phillygirl. Fingers crossed for you!
 
Nobody ever knows why they get trochanteric bursitis and it's rarely to do with undiagnosed fractures. A shot of cortisone stopped mine dead in its tracks earlier this year. Hope it does the same for you.
 
I really hope it is a one shot deal also. They are injecting me for gluteal medial tendinitis, apparently I have inflammation of the gluteal tendons. It has been a pain in the butt literally.
 
Phillygirl....so sorry to hear you are having problems. I hope the injection does the trick for you!!! Please continue to let us know how you're doing!
 
PHilly Girl, I hope you feel much better after the injections and please let us know how it goes. I have learned so much from your posts because I am having similar issues with my IT band, and my back. I am 4 months out of bilateral hip replacements and having trouble with the right leg. Going to start PT again next week. Good luck.
 
I will keep you updated. At PT they kept telling me I had tenderness over the gluteus medius muscle. When I was sent for a second opinion in Philly this is where they told me I had this tendinitis.I also have trochanter bursitis but I am not tender over that area. I have worked very hard at PT and keeping active, my pain has really not changed in my hip since 1 month post op. My back has gotten worse and I think it is the way I walk after my pain picks up which is about early afternoon. I have had 2 back injections which help my back and do nothing for my continued lateral hip pain down to knee. I am really hoping these injections help. I am having them December 8th. When I read about gluteal medial tendinitis these are exactly what my symptoms have been. It can also cause back pain. I still can only walk 3/4 mile and my pain really picks up. I am 6 months post op.I am going to be really dissapointed if it does not help. I hope you are feeling better soon.
 
Hi Phillygirl

I really hope you can get some relief from the injection when you get to have them in Dec.

OZ girl is sending her healing vibes... Winging their way to you :)
 
Phillygirl all the best with with these injections on December 8th will pop back in to see how you got on.

Billy
 
Have not posted in a while, because all I could say is "yup still having pain". I had my appointment yesterday and had an ultrasound. I have a partial tear to the gluteus medius tendon. I had an injection and am feeling a little better.The Doctor was very good I can see why it took so long to get in. I am also now having sacroiliac joint pain which I believe is from my gait pattern due to pain. If I can get this sorted out I willl be a new woman. The Doctor told me I will have to come back every couple of months, to think of him as Jiffy Lube (oil change place). If this does not work the next step is PRP injections. BTW love everybodies avatars.:thumb:
 
Sorry to hear that you are still in pain PG. From another hippie who hasn't been able to escape pain for a different reason...FRUSTRATING! I sure hope the injections continue to work. Your doc sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Please keep us updated and think positive! Best of luck!
 
Wow Phillygirl, sure hope you get some relief! Fingers crossed. Please do keep us updated!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom