Guest viewing is limited

Mojo2013 recovery thread

Hi, Emma! I'm so happy to hear my surgery buddy is doing good.

I just got home last night and agree "there's no place like home!" My bed never felt so good and I really missed my fur baby too.

For your hair, you might want to check out these (Amazon): No Rinse Shampoo Cap (Five-Pack) Amazon product ASIN B00CMUH64O
I personally have not tried them but if I had a 7-day shower restriction like you, I would go crazy if I couldn't at least do something with my hair!

Enjoy home!

Charlene


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
FCC doesn't


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like you are doing great, Emma. I was right behind you with surgery 4/27. Now we can move on down the road to recovery!
 
Congrats @Springmom and @GrannyC on your successful surgeries! Now for the hard part, patient and slow recovery. I got pretty antsy today.

One question I have relates to my feet... they are super cold no matter the room temperature, socks, etc. Is that something to worry about post surgery? Maybe the pain meds? I did have issues with low blood pressure in the hospital, but it was cleared up with lots of fluids.

Emma


Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
 
Congratulations Emma, it sounds like you are doing great. It was hard for me to get in and out of bed too ,
Hardest getting in. After the first two to three weeks, it was much easier. I also still have occasional cold or chilled bouts, usually at night, cold right now and hard to get warmed. I'm at 6 weeks post op.
Best Wishes



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like you are doing great, Emma. Keep up the good work. I had trouble moving my leg as well so last night I was very proud of myself for getting ouT of bed on my own in the night to use bathroom and then was able to get back in bed on my own, too. Yeah!!
 
It's the small victories, right ladies? [emoji846] keep on...


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've not been able to lift my surgery leg in and out of bed without the assistance of a leg lifter tool (also found on Amazon). I know I will get there, but for now, this give me just that little extra "umph" without asking for help each time.

I had an irrational fear that I would get my surgical leg (right) partway up and then it would give out and drop too quickly to the floor, dislocating my hip.

I too am super cold - (like all over, flulike chilly) at times.

I think meds play a big role.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Got the bandage/ wound vac off today, and replaced with clean dry dressing. Posted a pic in the "badges of honor" section. So happy to have the wound vac off. Shower soon to follow!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
The shower felt great but I definitely did too much yesterday, and I had a little bit of a breakdown while trying to get dressed afterward. I had to relent and let my mom help me put on pants and then just take a nap ... [emoji42] I was near tears mainly because of lack of energy, I think.

Trying to be more realistic about what I can do 8 days out.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
This is still very early days,Mojo. It's normal to feel emotional, I think we've all been there! Rest as much as you can - there's lots of healing going on, and each day things will get a little easier. By the 2 week stage you will feel so much better, I promise!
Take care,
Diane
 
Yes, two weeks was a big change for me too. But the lack of energy thing is very real and goes on for a while. Rest when you're tired and listen to your body. At this stage even getting dressed is exhausting. Get help as often as you need. It's a tough couple of weeks physically and mentally but you will get through it and after that each week sees improvement so hang in there.
Sam xx


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Mojo2013 great you were able to shower. I took my first one yesterday as well and got dressed in sweats instead of my nightgown. The shower, along with a little PT and I, too, was ready for a nap. I think we are just not used to getting so wiped out with little tasks so it can get a bit depressing. I try to stay focused in the advances I make each day though, no matter how small, and that helps. Sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up!
 
It's nice to hear others confirm I'm not alone with this emotional stuff. I've been ok otherwise but little things can and do frustrate me.

Recovery continues to go well. I had nice walks yesterday and today. But I think I overdid it today. I'm a little overtired and unusually sore tonight. I presume this zig zagging is normal so I'll just roll with it. [emoji846]

Still better than my pre surgery arthritis pain!

Emma


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Emma WTG sounds like you're doing great for all this lol. I too get emotional today was one of those days .... HUGE hugs to you and prayers
 
Good morning, Emma. It is nice that you can get outside for a few minutes. I think it has rained nearly every day since my surgery here. It is making things super green but not conducive to getting outside. Hopefully by tomorrow it will stop. It sounds like you are making good progress. From reading all the various posts, I would say the zig zagging is very normal. I am only walking inside and thought I did a bit more yesterday so last night my upper leg was a little stiffer, too. All in all though, it sounds like you continue to improve so that is great.
 
Hi Emma, I hope you have been able to get some rest. That definitely helps lift your spirits. I feel down even when I'm not recovering from surgery if I've gotten way overtired. It sort of sounds like you are trying to do too much. I understand that feeling of wanting to get back to our old routine but I think we have to do our best to muster up all our patience and let some things slide until we are healed up a little more. I know I don't care to watch tv all day but I just ordered a couple books on Amazon. Their used books are really cheap. Just a thought as everyone has different things they like to do.

Take care and let us know how you are doing!
 
Hi everyone! Today is day 13 and I'm still progressing well. A little more tired today again but sleeping well at night.

I find I can get up in the morning, put myself together a little and have some energy and positive attitude to do a few things. Then I feel tired in the afternoon and need a nap. My plan today is to do a little less and nap more. [emoji846]

My mom came to stay and help for a week and went home yesterday so I'm home alone for the first time today, at least until my husband gets home from work. Having some anxiety about that, mainly the loneliness. Thank goodness for the dog, though I feel bad we can't do our regular routine. His daytime walker comes just like if I were at work, but I look forward to taking him out myself again.

Pulling back from the pain meds a bit. I was prescribed a long acting OxyContin twice a day, with norco for breakthrough pain every 4-6 hours. I have quit the morning OxyContin so just taking that at night. Norco were down to every six hours, now trying to push them out to 8 hours. Have my post op appointment Friday so presume we'll discuss it all there.

Sorry, realize that was a little bit all over the place.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom