Guest viewing is limited

mlsread January 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to recovery land. :flwrysmile:
 
I'll be going home before dark great news. The PT told me to do ankle pumps, heel slides, knee extensions, quad sets, gluteal sets, hip adduction, and full arc quads 10 reps three times a day. Hell no. I won't be doing that. Right?


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! Glad you are getting to go home. Wow that sounds like a lot of exercises! I was given ankle pumps, heel slides,knee extensions and the one you squeeze your bum together. (cant remember what its called) I only did them when PT was in my room to show me how. Once home I only did the ankle pumps to prevent blood clots. The day before my post opp appt I did one set of all of them so if asked I could say I did them....:heehee:
Hopefully, you can get good rest at home tonight. :)
 
@mlsread You're right--you don't need to do all that. I was given similar instructions before I went home from my brief rehab stay but the in-home PT said not to bother--to just do some simple side and back kicks if they felt good, while I was standing at the sink, just a few, and ankle pumps, and a few butt clenches, maybe 5, etc. In other words, keep it low key. And the best thing to do? Walk!
 
The interesting thing is that my surgeon told me he does not think PT is necessary. So I don't care that I will skip it.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Day one at home. Rest, ankle pumps , ice and elevate. All is well.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The PT told me to do ankle pumps, heel slides, knee extensions, quad sets, gluteal sets, hip adduction, and full arc quads 10 reps three times a day.
Sorry but his is just nuts! Far too much and half of it is not even appropriate to hips. Ankle pumps are fine - they help prevent clots if you are not moving around much.

Sounds like you are doing well!
 
I'm doing well. Sleeping a lot, resting, elevating, ankle pumps and taking my meds. Using a walker to get around and a cane for the stairs. May go downstairs later for a bit.
 
Doing really well today. Hubby is a great nurse and gives me my meds on schedule. Pain was minimal today. I just got downstairs with the cane and of course a new set of walls can make all the difference.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good to hear that you are home safely. There is no place like home.
 
Good going so far!!! It sounds like you have this recovery thing down pat. Keep up the great (un)work! :heehee: I must say I gasped out loud when I saw that list of unneeded exercises. Glad you are sensible, smiled and said, "See ya!"
 
I can't locate the blurb on weaning from pain meds. Would someone please post it for me.


Sent from my iPad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tweetiebird thanks so much. That's it. Since I'm sleeping so much of the day and not bothered by pain I thought I would give it a try but will be listening loud and clear for any signs that tell me it is much to soon for weaning. How are you doing?


Sent from my iPad
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You are most welcome!
Im doing pretty dang good! Thanks for asking. How are you? If you are pain free during the day, it sounds like you are doing good too. :wink: You are only 4 days out. Might be a bit early to cut back on the pain meds. Though I did cut back on mine around day 5. I had never taken any narcotic pain pills so I think I was taking too many at first. Sure did feel better when I cut back. :)
 
Day 5 and feeling pretty good. Stayed up a little longer this morning. I'm not having much pain and I'm continuing to ice and elevate due to swelling of my leg especially the thigh area. I am going to try the shower this afternoon and take a few laps around the house. Maybe just 1.


Sent from my iPhone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I hope you enjoyed your shower. It feels so good after being in the hospital and surgery.
 
So, day 5 and I,m wondering if I should be doing more than anklepumps and heel slides and 5 min. walk around the house?
Gotta look up how to walk with a cane. I have no idea how or when but I want to be ready.
It was suggested I take Ocy 10 mg every 4-6 hours and 1000 mg of tynelol once perday. I took 1oxy(5mg) this morning and 1 in the afternoon. '
Can I take 2 af night with Tylenol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom