THR Millie's recovery thread

I'm so sorry, Millie, but please don't be so hard on yourself. It was an accident.
Wishing you comfort and peace. Stay in touch.
@millie4162

Evening all. I thought I would do a little update.
I have had my surgery on Monday. It was supposed to take 2-3 hours but it ended up being 7 hours.
I had broken both bones. They tried to pin it but it didn’t work. He them said he tried plan B,C,D and El he said he had never had such a difficult case. In the end he had to use the longest plates he had and screw the pieces all on like a jigsaw. I have a heavy plaster on which is pulling on my hip. I spent 2 nights in ITU then moved onto a ward. I can’t use crutches or anything so will have to use a wheelchair. I am non weight bearing for at least 8 weeks. I’m still in hospital but hoping to go home Monday so I will have better internet to chat to you all then xx

Millie...you probably won't get this until Monday. It's 11:00 pm here. I just finished up a movie and thought I'd check up on member posts. I'm shaking my head in sadness at your setback. Know that you've got a loving support system around you in family and friends who care for you deeply. And you have us on the Forum to hold you gently through your recovery. It does seem long, but remember, it's only a blip on the screen of your life. Just imagine your life after...full, happy, healed, and most important, with those you love.

A gentle hug coming your way... :prayer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sending sincerest sympathies and healing hugsxxxx
:console2:

Hi Millie,
I'm sorry the surgery was such a challenge extending your time in the OR and consequently a lengthier hospital stay. Hopefully all is still on target for your discharge on Monday. I'm sure you'll rest easier at home.
We're here to keep you company as you journey through recovery, so please don't hesitate to call on us.
We'll look forward to your updates.
Safe travels home....I hope you have a good week!
@millie4162

So sorry to hear about about your accident. Stay positive xx

Evening all. Well I am home but !! I came home Tuesday and had a minor fall going to the toilet on Tuesday night. I have a very bruised right foot !!
This left me very afraid to move.
Today I have had Urgent Care people in to check I am doing things right and order me a new toilet rail and shower chair. Will things ever be right again

I'm so sorry, Millie. That must have been frightening.
Take it slow and you'll be okay.
I hope you have a peaceful weekend!
@millie4162

Evening all. I seemed to have turned a corner today (2 weeks since surgery) my leg is less sore. Clips coming out on Wednesday and new lighter plaster on so hope it will make life easier x

So glad you are having less pain and the staples are out.
Sending healing jugs your way, dear @millie4162

Good to read you're doing well, millie.
Less pain is always a good thing. As is staple removal. :yes:
Stay in touch and have a great Tuesday!
@millie4162

Happy Two Month Anniversary, Millie. I hope you have a lovely Wednesday.
A flower for your special day. :flwrysmile:
@millie4162

Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread Millie's recovery thread I had my appointment yesterday to see the consultant. He is still concerned my leg will not recover as it was so damaged. I had my staples out and a new plaster on (pink as advised by my granddaughter) I have to go back in 4 weeks. Will try post some photos but please pass by if you are squeamish xx

Attachments

• Millie's recovery thread
    02493D6D-BE0E-4402-B5F0-2EE60AFA9E09.jpeg
    108.5 KB · Views: 227
    BCF9259B-5C73-4D6C-BD77-FDE9DE6421A0.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 224
    4E3BB08A-C5CA-423A-93B9-6C78C00399D8.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 225
I'm so very sorry, Millie. In looking at the x-rays you have a better understanding of the damage from the fall. I hope your pain is well managed. I will remember you in prayer for comfort and complete healing. :console2:
Please stay in touch. We're here for you.
@millie4162

Oh my stars...now that's some work.
However I must say the incisions look very good and clean and healing @millie4162
I am so sorry this happened to you but I certainly will be sending all the healing mojo I can muster your way
Hugsxxxx

Having a miserable day today. It’s raining and dull. ☹️

Aww, so sorry, Millie. I hope your pain is well managed and you're able to rest comfortably at least.
What about a good movie, or a good book? Some relaxation music, online games, jigsaw puzzle or adult coloring book with a fresh box of colored pencils. Or maybe catch up on emails, write a letter, call a dear friend or family member. I hope whatever you decide to do your day is a peaceful one.
Sending a warm hug your way and wishes for a brighter tomorrow. :console2:
@millie4162

Well nearly 6 weeks sat on my bum due to my broken leg. Back Friday so fingers crossed it has started to heal.
I am getting very down not being able to use my new hip and get my life back on track

HI @millie4162 Yes, you have a lot to deal with, of course you would be feeling blue. What a rotten piece of luck..
Even with having "just a THR" you can have post op blues, so just think what your body has been through. Maybe re-reading the articles on this would be helpful? I will leave them here for you:

Energy drain for THRs

Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

Sleep deprivation is pretty much inevitable - but what causes it?

Well, as you can see, I left you 3 links to look at again,, lack of sleep and exhaustion can pull our spirits down, also. :yes:

Bonesmart has a Social room, too. Lots of word games and good information on food and recipes, maybe that would help pass the time.

One of my favorite pick me ups was watching Golden Girls. Maybe you could find some old shows like that and just get a good laugh.

Please take care and I hope you feel better soon. :flwrysmile:

:wave:
I'm so sorry you've been on time out and this has been such a struggle :console2:
Sending all the best Mojo your way
Keep the faith, my friend.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018