TKR Midwest Girl - Round 2 Recovery

Last week was my first week of 8 hr work days and I was tired every night. But I still slept horrible. Ugh! I remember this with my last tka. It took me months before I got on a half way decent sleep schedule.
 
Wait! I'm going to be able to sleep all night again!:rotfl:

I hope you will be able to get some better sleep this week. I know you'll get there.
 
It took me about 6 months to start getting back into a proper sleep pattern.
Sometimes you just have to roll with it and sleep when, where and how you can.

I think that worrying about not sleeping properly could have been part of the reason why I didn't sleep. Once I accepted that I was just going to have to reconcile myself to making up sleep with daytime naps and probably watch a lot of mindless, night-time TV programmes, I started sleeping better.
 
I'm not worried about the lack of sleep. I pretty much roll with it. My biggest problem is that when I finally get to sleep it feels like my alarm goes off. I'm not a morning person and 5:45am is so early for me. It does eventually work out. Eventually! Ha!
 
I'm not amorning person either and with my job I have to leave home at 5am some of the days. Last week I slept 3 hours one night before working 11 hours!
 
Today was the most busy and exhausting day of work since I've been back. Every inch of my body hurts. And I get to repeat it again next Tuesday. And we are forecasted for 6-10 inches of snow (with wind) next Monday -Wednesday. I hate winter. Just finished a load of laundry, took a pain pill & a muscle relaxer and it's time for bed. Praying I wake up refreshed and pain free in the morning!
 
6-10 inches! We haven't had more than 2-3. Going back to work is a shock to our system after recovering from a TKR. Come home and rest as much as possible.
 
@Timetolive no we don't usually get snow days. in the 26 yrs I've worked here I think they've closed once or twice for snow. Sometimes we have a late open (10:00am). But the majority of the time you make the 20 mile drive on unplowed roads. Of course you can always use one of your vacation days to stay home. But we have another huge sampling day (like yesterday) next Tuesday so that's not an option for me. And they are predicting wind with this snow so that means my driveway will have 2-3 foot drifts. And the guy I hired to clean my driveway doesn't come until the snow has stopped and then he comes in the late afternoon or evening. So for me to go to work on Tuesday I'll probably have to get up at 4:30am and shovel snow from my driveway.

Yes @KarriB going back to work is tough. I'm exhausted by the time I get home. I'll rest for about 1/2 hr and then make dinner and do a chore or two. And I try and be in bed by 10:00 for a restless night of sleep. I don't feel I get any real rest until the weekend.
 
You don't need to be shoveling!! I can't imagine. Oy.

I'm a couple of weeks behind you and I came back to work two weeks ago. I'm at a computer all day, so there isn't anything physical with my job and I work from home three days a week. BUT, I'm still worn out about six hours into the day and have been stopping work at that point. If I have PT in the afternoon, I pretty much go home and head to bed!

This week has been a little better and I've actually worked two full days. I've also been using the stairs instead of the elevator when I'm in the office (just one floor up). Going up is easy and painless. Going down is a bit ouchy.
 
I may not have a choice on shoveling snow. I'll have to move the drifts (the worst part) to get my car out of the garage/driveway. Yes going back to work is tiring. I'm starting to think 12 weeks leave is the ideal time to be off work to recover. For my left knee I took 10 weeks off. This right knee was 8 weeks. I can definitely tell the difference this time with 2 less weeks to heal.
 
I was so afraid to shovel or walk in the snow/ice after my TKR. Falling was my next nightmare. I paid my nephew to come up and shovel for me, it was the year of the Polar Vortex.
 
Goal #1 accomplished! Discharged from the Wound Center yesterday! My incision is finally healed! She said to still guard and protect it. One hard bump on that tender new skin could break it open. But no more bandages! Now I can post a picture of my scar!
 
Good news on the wound healing!
 
I don't know if it was just a busy work week or if it's because snowmagedon is coming, but my knee hurt all night. Nothing better than waking up early with a hurting knee. Ugh! Busy day today too. Should be fun.
 
I hear ya'! Sorry you had a bad night. There are just nights that I cannot manage without the Saran Wrap. I have found using a heating pad on my knee when it is really sore in the mornings seems to help. May your day be blessed and painfree!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom