TKR Meet "Mabel"! My new R Knee

Hi Tami - our knees are "twins" - we had surgery the same day, I had a left TKR!

I hope your nausea is getting better. This process is definitely two steps forward and one step back for me, too, although I can't really complain as overall I'm going in the right direction.
 
Tomorrow is the day! I go for my 6 wk check up (actually its been almost 7). Just ready to get it over with! The PT at the surgical center was NOT happy when he learned I would be doing my PT at home, and tried every time he came in my room to convince me how much I needed it. :) After getting home I found all of you wonderful peeps, and knew I made the right decision. I have no idea what my ROM #'s are, but I can walk without a limp (unless I over do it), go up AND downstairs alternating feet, (haven't done that in years) and ride my bike on the trainer! From the pictures on here I am guessing I have full extension, and 100-110 flexion? My only issue....1 stitch worked its way up about 2 wks ago and I had to take an antibiotic, now there is another one starting to show. Minor problems! The hardest thing now is to remember the inside is still healing and not to do too much! You are all wonderful and the support on here has been fantastic! :roseshwr:
 
Back
Top Bottom