THR Mayhip8's recovery thread

Oh my stars!!!!
Why not? Pile on, you nasty ailments.:gaah:
Glad you have some creative outlets to bide this time...
Sending all the best mojo your way @Mayhip8 :flwrysmile:

You can’t catch a break @Mayhip8 So sorry for all the bugs in your home. Hope they leave quickly in a cloud of eucalyptus vapor. I watched the Crown too. It does seem they are adding some interesting stories for further seasons. A bit addicted. Hope you can get some answers for righty soon. Take care!

Yikes!!! I agree, time for yourself must be long overdue. Hoping your creative muse visits you and your earache goes away pronto. :SUNsmile:

Wow Mayhip, I hope you feel better soon. What a long drawn out illness..
But the quiet time and doing quiet things sounds like a good option.
Muscles spasms are so painful! :gaah: We need to get you all healthy and on the schedule for that THR!

You have just been having a heck of a time! Hopefully this all clears up soon and you can get back to some semblance of normal.

Hello all:wave:

I am pleased to report that the lurgies have left the building and the body, I’m feeling so much better,:happydance: I just need to get back to some level of fitness now, to build myself up for this surgery. I shall attempt to get an appointment to see the GP this week to discuss and get a referral.
i’ve passed the time by catching up with Books,television art work and napping frequently, last night we celebrated Burns night with traditional Scottish haggis ,tatties and neeps, we didn’t listen to the bagpipes but we did watch the film rocketman which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I managed to go for a small walk in the park yesterday and my heart lifted to see snowdrops blooming, it always makes me feel brighter when I see signs of spring approaching -I don’t think I’m a winter person.

In that vein I think we should plan a virtual break, how about South Africa? :SUNsmile:It’s warm, I’ve never been there, and it will be quite interesting to see what sort of things we could do, what do you think?
I hope life is treating you well, and that your germs are lessening @ahipgma @Calgal @ChrissyW how’s the gym Working out ?

Well it’s just gone lunchtime on a Sunday afternoon here - it’s grey and dismal outside, So I might go for a swim later instead of a walk.

Sending you love and positive thoughts for the new week ahead:roseshwr::loveshwr::flwrysmile:

Happy Sunday to all!
@Mayhip8 i know just how you feel about your snow drop sighting-- only with me its holding on to every extra minute of daylight until the sunset. Longer days are wonderful.
So glad to hear you and yours are feeling better. Without fresh air and sunshine I think we take longer to get better--and that's wintertime! Love to open my windows for the first time come spring.
My PT reassured me that my setback with leg pain is muscular and he tweaked my exercises a little, put more stretching in, and explained when to use ice and heat.
A process for sure!
Sounds like you've been able to spend time doing things you love and I hope your hip isnt paining you too much! What a happy day it will be when you get your new one!
South Africa sounds fine to me, let's plan !
Love and hugs!

Hello everyone. Glad to hear you're feeling on the mend @Mayhip8 . I'm really enjoying the gym, using most of the plan the trainer gave me but I have to admit I've adapted it a big to allow more time on the treadmill as it's the perfect opportunity to bang on the hits if the 80s and speed walk myself back to being young :treadmill:My new hip seems to be enjoying itself though my other thigh is achy at times but the shoulders do feel a bit better. I can't say I'm seeing any body changes but do enjoy it! We've been planning a spring break and we are treating ourselves to a few days in Cannes in May :yes!:I now have a proper reason to hit the gym as I may even be mixing with who knows which stars! I must ensure my bum is tight and nothing being pulled by gravity :heehee::heehee: Anyway enough about me, looks like everyone is safe, positive and doing well overall. By the way, when is the South Africa trip, I know I've been missing in action but if there's room for a smallish one I'd like to hitch a ride xxx

my heart lifted to see snowdrops blooming,
Yes yes! :loveshwr:. I delighted in finding some stashed away pots with daffodils and tulips poking their heads through the weeds that took hold over autumn. After clearing said weeds I've moved the pots next to front door and within eyesight of kitchen window to cheer me up wherever I look. Come on spring with our shiny new hips! :yes!::flwrysmile:

Visited my PT with some pain in my newer hip. He showed me some stretches last week and things are looking up!
Last year I couldnt garden for the pain, @Calgal , this year I'm beyond excited to be able to really get down in the dirt!
@Mayhip8 we gotta get you fixed up so you can enjoy spring even more!

@ahipgma what a difference a year makes? ! For you to be able to get Down and dirty ( in the garden!) is Such a positive sign in moving forward. :flwrysmile:@ChrissyW Cannes in May sounds fabulous and you’ll be strutting like a filmstar no doubt rocking it baby! :chuckmarch:@Calgal it’s fabulous to find hidden bulbs and watch them grow and cheer you up on a daily basis, daffodils and other bulbs are pushing through now in my garden also -even though we have stormy weather at the moment -their little heads are being protected by strong hand like leaves holding them carefully.:)

I wish I could report something positive for myself however I have developed yet again another sore throat ,red and covered in blisters.:swoon: I’m off to the doctors in an hour or so to get to the bottom of this situation which might be an immune problem or stress related or just me putting things in my mouth I shouldn’t.:yikes: (like healthy food for instance,!). maybe I should just live off chocolate and mashed potatoes with lashings of butter, or my world famous lasagna .:shrug:
so until I get to the bottom of this I can’t even think about getting listed for surgery, for myself and as an added bonus my husband has developed the need for some minor surgery over the next couple of months so will have to play “ Tries and turns” see who gets operated on first! . It is what it is I suppose. I’m sure you can sense I’m feeling A tad despondent
however this doesn’t stop me wishing you and yours a safe and cheerful Tuesday
:loveshwr::roseshwr::friends:

Oh no @Mayhip8, I am sorry. When it rains,,, sigh.
I hope your Dr visit today gave you some answers.. hugs.

Oh my, mayhip!!! :holysheep: Sending hugs and hoping for some answers from doc for you. I vote lasagna and mashed potatoes for tea tonight.:thumb:

Oh gosh @Mayhip8 ! What could that ailment be? I'm so sorry you're sick , hopefully the doc will have a remedy for speedy relief.
We're fighting the usual cold- norovirus-flu battle over here and for every sunny day we have about 10 of rain! @Calgal thank goodness your bulbs aren't in Western PA they'd be drowned. Though we've had no snow. And for that I'm grateful as I was told not to ever fall again by my OS? Hmmmm.
@ChrissyW you are quite the traveler, and you have a shiny new hip to enjoy the trip with. Both of mine are doing OK, lefty still gives me grief sometimes, but we are going south for a week in a couple of weeks to visit friends and family, where it will be warmer than where we live!! Then Italy in late April/early May- can hardly believe it after cancelling the first one to have 2 hips done.
Hope all of your family, sons and daughters are well, we are all ok, and we are trying to convince Ari using the potty is a great skill to have! Remember those days?
Stay warm well and dry everyone.
Love and hugs

Happy Sunday everyone. How you all doing? It was torrential here early and the rain and flooding have arrived thanks to storm Ciara :unsure:. We had to block our front door with large stone slates as it flowed like a river down the road and every car that managed, stupidly, to pass through caused mini tidal waves, it was quite scary and it was circling us from all sides but fortunately it slowed down and the waters managed to disperse and our emergency flood barriers worked well! What about everyone else, did my fellow uk hipsters escape the storm? It came as the culmination to an awful working week where things may change in my career (not through choice) but I have a meeting on Weds and can't say anymore at this point. Anyway, roll on Friday when it is half term . How you feeling @Mayhip8 , what did the doctor say? I'm full of cold, can't stop the nose running and sinuses hurt as well as a sore throat:sick: but I see it as part of my standard winter routine so onwards and upwards my lovelies. Anyway hope you are all fine as can be and hugs to all :friends:

We're still hanging on to our hats tonight here in wet Worcestershire! It's been a horrid day. Wow what a storm! :yikes: NEVER seen one like it here in 17 years. My poor chickens just retired back to their henhouse for most of the day. Glad @ChrissyW hasn't washed away. Hope your year improves and this all is just the beginning of a new adventure. @Mayhip8 how did you weather the storm? Hopefully both of you will be rid of those pesky bugs pronto and stay warm and dry. I'm back to tracking my food on WW again starting tomorrow. Weight is creeping up. :groan:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks
Back