• SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE. BoneSmart will be unavailable from 8:00am - 10:00am CDT on Tuesday, May 21, 2024 due to required systems maintenance and upgrade.

If you are unable to log in, please check back later and the maintenance should be completed.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

TKR Marge's recovery thread RTKR 7/15/22

Tomorrow is 4 weeks for me. Today is the first day that I've noticed a huge difference in the tight band feeling. Its still there but not nearly as bad as it was even yesterday. Crazy.
It just takes time, ice and elevation.
Great you're on week 4. I stepped up the ice and elevation and movement today. It's a lot easier now that I have a better handle on the pain meds. Good luck.

Hello :wave:
You've hit a milestone. Happy One Month Anniversary!
How are you doing? We'd love to know and hope you're happy with your progress.
Until we hear from you...all the best!
@badkneesnyc

Hello :wave:
You've hit a milestone. Happy One Month Anniversary!
How are you doing? We'd love to know and hope you're happy with your progress.
Until we hear from you...all the best!
@badkneesnyc

Thanks for asking. I'm still using a cane inside and have a rollator walker for outside. My balance still feels a little wonky. My stamina is better. It's not a fast thing. I get tired pretty easily. I'm only taking extra strength Tylenol now, about every 12 hours. I can see being able to cut back with that. I'm able to do 10 minutes on a stationary bike, that kind of amazes me. I just started showering and not needing a chair.

Boy, what an experience this has been.

The depression is real… It affects everybody whether you think you’re strong enough or not. Mine sucked….thank God for my understanding friends and family. Keep pushing forward, stay, determined, talk to your support and the people on this forum. Remember it’s a marathon not a sprint to get through recovery.

60% attitude 40% physical…. Believe you can and you will succeed.

Sounds like you're doing very well to me. Keep up the good work and thanks for the update!
@badkneesnyc

Little by little! So many ups and downs in TKRs, physically and mentally….2 steps forward, 1 step back. Do the exercises that progress your recovery. Keep your chin up and keep going! You will be rewarded for your efforts!

@Axx72 thanks. I'm anxiety prone to begin with. It hasn't been easy leaning on bf so much either, for me or him. One day at a time

I started doing computer work. That time sitting at the computer caused me some soreness. It would have been a better idea to rest longer. Definitely need to improve my balance. I'm using a rollator outside and sometimes a cane inside. The mental part feels tough. Just being patient, and I feel overwhelmed from time to time with the the thought that I have had 2 TKRs since the summer.

It does feel incredible to be able to stand up straight, and to just stand and brush my teeth or make a call or something. Before my first thought was always can I sit now and where can I sit.

It does feel incredible to be able to stand up straight, and to just stand and brush my teeth or make a call or something. Before my first thought was always can I sit now and where can I sit.
I totally get that feeling! I didn't have both done in the same year like you did but I do remember somewhere around 6-8 months post-op with this last one that wow! I can stand and not have to constantly shift to relieve the pain from my bad knee! You'll get there, don't worry. Remember you're still within that 12 months of recovery on BOTH knees.

I feel overwhelmed from time to time with the the thought that I have had 2 TKRs since the summer.
Think how great you'll feel this Summer! :happydance:
Before my first thought was always can I sit now and where can I sit.
I remember this too from my worst days before surgery, I'm guessing we all do. So wonderful to not think / feel that way any longer.

Happy Two Month Anniversary, Lefty! I hope you have a wonderful week! :)

I was always looking for the tallest chair to sit in, one with arm rests to push myself up, and situate myself in the chair so I could push off to get up. Now that I have one TKR it's much easier. I'll get my second one done later this year. Can't wait to be able to just sit down and get up without having to plan it out.

@Layla wow, 2 months isn't really very long, is it. I went out with friends for the first time since my second surgery Sunday. People are commenting how much better my posture is and how I am taller. I feel tall again. It's amazing.

@trinket @Whoodee We are tough people. I find my balance is more of an issue after the second surgery. It's getting better day by day. I also was surprised how much I forgot about the first surgery. My surgeon said that was normal, like forgetting trauma.

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Another month flew by. Hopefully you're walking taller, feeling stronger and loving you new knee!
Have a wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
@badkneesnyc

Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Another month flew by. Hopefully you're walking taller, feeling stronger and loving you new knee!
Have a wonderful weekend! :SUNsmile:
@badkneesnyc
Thank you! I feel so much taller. I do love my new knees. Using a cane for balance but able to walk some without it too. Spring is a good time to recover. Feel better mentally.

Happy Four Month Anniversary!
I hope you continue to thrive and enjoy your new knee.
Have a lovely Memorial weekend!
@badkneesnyc

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Riveralex
Recent bookmarks