Revision TKR Makoplasty at 26

Just had the spacer exchange. Noticeable improvement in stability, but still there to some degree. If I put my knee in 90 degrees and move it back and forth I can still hear it clunking. Do you guys have this? I guess it's just something I have to accept. Hopefully it's stable enough to at least walk well eventually. Not sure what the point of a hinged knee if it still cant provide adequate stability on a standalone basis.
 
Mine clunks at 90 degrees, other wise my knee is very stable while walking and hiking, up down hills etc.
 
I noticed an immediate increase in stability after my spacer exchange. I also remember the first time my knee made a clunk!! I was horrified, I did not want that knee anymore, yada, yada. When my muscles finally woke up and started to help support the joint, the clunk was gone never to reappear.

when we first get our knees, we are so sensitive to every noise coming from them, but most of that resolves after the muscles begin supporting the leg again.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom