THR Made it to other side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will definitely keep that in mind.. Thanks @Cynthia777


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
RTHR July 16
Anterior approach
 
Good morning guys! I have one question regarding pain meds.

Now I am 5 days out of my op and I am taking toradole 10 mg every 6 hours and morphine 30 mg extended release every 12 hours which really help me in controlling my pain.

So the question is: Is it safe to take above mention meds for pain for 3-4 weeks ? Thank you in advance for your expert advise.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
RTHR July 16
Anterior approach
 
Morning @Jeev ! Were these meds prescribed for you when you left the hospital? If so, continue to take them as prescribed. Controlling the pain means more mobility. When you start to forget doses it's a sign you can start to wean off your meds.
 
Thanks @Jaycey. Ya doctor prescribed those meds when I left the hospital. It this a very strong dose? Am I over drugging myself? PT is gonna start today and I don't want to be behind pain and spend 1-2 days catching it.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
RTHR July 16
Anterior approach
 
I am not a medical expert. Let's tag @Josephine on the dosage. Staying ahead of the pain is very important at this stage. Please don't let PT push you in any way.
 
Thanks @Jaycey for your advise. I will wait for Josephine response.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
RTHR July 16
Anterior approach
 
Now I am 5 days out of my op and I am taking toradole 10 mg every 6 hours and morphine 30 mg extended release every 12 hours which really help me in controlling my pain.
So the question is: Is it safe to take above mention meds for pain for 3-4 weeks ?
Toradole is just an NSAID like Advil/ibiprofen. It's an extremely mild pain killer and actually works by reducing swelling. The morphine has a a lot of myth surrounding it but it is a very good pain killer and 10mg 4 times a day is just fine, specially if it's doing the job for you. And some people are on it a lot longer than 4weeks for all sorts of reasons. But perhaps when you have been on it for a bout 4 weeks, the time will be right for you to ask your doctor (or your GP) if you can switch to something else like Tramadol or codeine.
 
Thank you @Josephine.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
RTHR July 16
Anterior approach
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom