Minivertible
junior member
- Joined
- Sep 17, 2013
- Messages
- 39
- Age
- 76
- Location
- Lincoln Nebraska
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
CrystalHelen,
How have you been? I haven't seen you posting. I hope your pain is under control and you are doing good.
I am about the same. Still fighting with the pain but it is getting better.
Let me know how you are.![]()
Thanks for your concern. I've just been a bit down & am getting tired of this recovery. I can't believe It's 3 weeks tomorrow & I've not recovered 100%. Lolololololol. The depression has hit. I know I'm very lucky to have a wonderful support betwork on this site. I also have family & friends but it's very hard for me to be this inactive. I'm usually the one helping others. The reality is setting in. This aint gonna be done anytime soon. I'm trying to keep up with the exercises I started @ the hospital. I'm working gently to help the flexion. I have a great surgeon who is leaving it up to me how much I do as far as recovery. The only guideline he mentioned is that I need about 110 degrees flexion to be able to do most activities. When I left hospital I was up to 90 with a great deal of discomfort. I started gently stretching a week ago & can now get to 105 with very minimal discomfort. I'm under no pressure to have any formal pt. I've had a lot of nausea from the narcotics but i'm slowly cutting back & I'm noticing the nausea is improving a bit. With the support of my dr I'm planning to slowly & with minimal discomfort improve rom over the next year. I'm still not certain if down the road i'll get any formal pt but i'm still not ready now. The nausea makes it too difficult. Is there anyone in he group who didn't have formal pt? I'd like some feedback.
I know in the uk pt is not routine & also in many other countries. Seems like the US in general is quite aggressive in the use of PT. I think I need to heal for a few more weeks before working too aggressively on the rom.
4/2/13. RTHR
9/24/13. LTKR