Guest viewing is limited

TKR LTKR journey first few weeks

Hello, it’s been a week since I posted and I’ve had an awful time. On Sunday morning I felt dreadful, obviously still sore everywhere but my heart rate became very erratic and combined with the pain in my upper back and chest I was really frightened I was going to have a heart attack so my husband whipped me back up to the local hospital where they discovered I have an arrhythmia but it was irregular and along with the chest pain alarm bells rang so they called an ambulance to take me to A&E where I was told I have Atrial Fibrillation probably brought on by stress, the trauma of the operation, insomnia, Covid at 4 weeks post op and the shock of the fall.
I’ve since been put on blood thinners. All this has happened so quickly I feel I ought to see someone to discuss it more fully. To be honest I’m still processing it all.
I saw the physio on Wednesday and she doesn’t believe I’ve done any permanent damage to my new knee although it is pretty swollen at the end of the day ☹️ Hope everyone else is doing much better than me ‍
 
@ChrisF Sounds like you need to step back and focus on getting control of all these issues.

Please postpone any PT. It is not necessary at this point and anything that is causing swollen knees is counterproductive.

Please take care!
 
Bless your heart. Now, is the time to not worry about any exercises, just calming your stress down. Your knee will do just fine with just your normal daily activities.
 
I’m so sorry you’ve had such a difficult time this week. As the others said, don’t worry about the PT, take care of these other issues. Your knee will be fine with gentle movements, the kind you get in everyday life.

Sending hugs and prayers for healing. :console2::prayer:
 
Back
Top Bottom