Guest viewing is limited

LTKR - August 27th - Coming Fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 8 weeks out from a BTKR and my knees feel better now than before surgery.
post when you can
Wanda

Thanks, Wanda! That's great to hear - especially from someone with BTKR! As soon as they let me at my computer, I'll get a post up!

Again, thanks so much!
 
I with you Trish, I've done all that's going to get done....well, I still have a few dishes in the sink. Had to sit down, my knees were really hurting, (no anti-inflammatories for a week) guess I'll get them done shortly. Then.......I'm done! Definitely ready to move on to the next phase! My prayers go with you Trish, and I'll be talking to you on the other side!:friends:
 
Donna, I think the no anti-inflammatories for so long has been killing me this week! But it will be over soon! Hot dang!

Here is a nice scripture a good friend sent to me...It's from Psalms 91..."For He shall give His Angels charge over you,to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways....Claiming it and taking it!

Til we meet on the other side!
 
Well, you ladies are doing a good job preparing for your recovery! I think you have all bases covered. About the reading, it was only about a week or two before I went back to avidly reading. The first few days are spent on concentrating on making yourself comfortable as possible. My daughter loaned me her IPad and it was invaluable to me as I laid in bed, especially sometimes in the wee hours when I could not sleep.
I stayed up to-date on facebook, checked ebay, researched on Amazon.com, and kept up with the news.
The very best piece if advice I can give you is this: TAKE YOUR MEDICINE BY THE CLOCK! I am seven weeks out and I not had one time that I was in severe pain! My husband made a chart on the computer for seven days a week and he gave me my medicine exactly by the clock and would check it off. That included pain meds, anti-inflammatory, stool softeners, and iron supplements. After two days, I was able to get on and off the bed so to let him sleep all night I set the alarm on my cellphone, woke up, ate a cracker or two, took my pain meds, surfed in the IPad awhile and went back to sleep. He is a teacher and was off this summer, so he took over the regimen during the day.
For the last three weeks I have been sleeping all night without needing pain meds.
Forgive the rambling. I just wanted to emphasize that you do not have to suffer through your recovery!
I will lift you all up in prayer for safety through the surgery, for a successful outcome, and for a manageable and swift recovery!
 
Preparing to head to the hospital. Thanks for the words of encouragement and especially for the prayers, Carolina Girl!
 
Trish, praying your surgery went well today! And that you will be up walking the halls of the hospital soon! I'm 15 days post op from BTKR and glad I'm on the other side!

Sandy

BTKR Aug 12, 2013
 
Trish, I know you are in recovery now and as the coming weeks pass you will be so pleased you prepared in advance and was able to find comfort from this site.

I have been thinking of you and hope we will hear soon you are on the other side and on recovery mode.

Just remember one day at a time is a simple step forward.

Remember the Ice and small exercises will improve your overall recovery.

I am still anxious but trying to keep busy around the house for the next couple of days. Then the last of my appointments with the pre admission, blood and another with OS then it will be my turn :yikes:

Take care and we will catch up when you are in better spirits. xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom