MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

Good for you Polka Dot. The "smoothness" will come - don't overdo it. Even now, some days I can't do it comfortably if I have done a little too much or am overly stiff. I've found it takes much longer for that to be comfortable than going upstairs. Give yourself a pat on the back -- downstairs is also a big mental hurdle. KNEERAH!
 
That is a great accomplishment! Fantastic job! Initially when I started going down stairs foot over foot, I would put foot of Bionic Spence so that end of step was about at the arch of my foot, and held on to railings, but found less bending was required making it easier to get leg to cooperate.
 
Thanks for the Kneerah, Kmak!

Fire Wolf, I'll try your tip. It's definitely bending the new knee that's the issue.
 
There's no need to rush to manage the stairs one foot at a time. It can take as long as 4 months before you can do it - and that's entirely normal.
 
So glad to be back from the netherworld! That was horrible! Hope you are doing well and continuing to let TKR lead the way!
 
Yes, I'm surprised at my strong need to be connected when the site was down. I don't have much to report, except that I reached 103 on my flexion on Thursday, under my own power. Extension lagged back a bit--darn. I've been going without pain meds during the day the past three days, and trying to at night. Evidently I have become a bit dependent on falling asleep with them, though. I've had to give up, get up around 2:30 AM, and take something. Otherwise I'm just tossing and turning.

Today's my birthday, and we're eating "out" tonight. I wish I could be more excited about it. My appetite isn't the best yet, and I can hardly face a big chunk of protein on my plate. Id like to suggest a modest place to eat, where I could get something "unfancy," but that's not what my husband has in mind, I'm sure!
 
I hope that you have a very Happy Birthday!!:):flwrysmile::happydance::spin: Ok, maybe that is too much activity, but these things need to be celebrated! I hope that you were able to actually enjoy a nice dinner out!
 
Happy happy birthday to you polkadot! I hope you have and continue to have an awesome day. Good thing they have take home boxes! :loveshwr:
 
Happy Birthday Polkadot! Wishing you every happiness! Enjoy your dinner out and bring home what you can't finish to have another time!
 
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! The only down side is that the age number under my photo went up by one. Otherwise, I had a very nice birthday. We did go out to eat, and I was able to talk my husband into a favorite local bar and grill with fabulous nachos and wet burritos. Three pluses: Sitting an hour or so vs at least two in a multi-course dinner place; getting 50-cent Frosties at Wendy's after dinner (yay!); and my husband eating most of the leftovers before bed. We'll do the romantic dinner thing some other time. I think he thoroughly enjoyed himself, which is a fourth plus. I think he sometimes does the nicer restaurants to please me.

Everyone knows about the 50-cent Frosties at Wendy's, right? For a limited time only. I try not to indulge too often, but tonight we are meeting our granddaughter at a frozen yogurt place. Her birthday was a few days before mine. My knee seems to love frozen treats, but my blood sugar suffers a little. Feed the knee! At least while it's still complaining...:heehee:
 
Happy Birthday Polkadot and many more to come! Great choice on the dining venue and thanks so much for the tip onWendy's Frosties!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Happy Belated Birthday, Polkadot. I'm going to have to check out Wendy's Frosties, too! You keep on feeding your knee that Frostie as long as she wants it!
 
Belated Happy Birthday! Sounds lovely! I'm craving Mexican food, so am envious!

Saw your post elsewhere about wearing leggings to bed...my daughter swears that Loularoe are THE softest you can buy. Might want to check them out.
 
Belated happy birthday greetings from me too.:wave::cheers:
Have been following your thread but only posting a reply now. Sounds like it was a good day!
And do remind your DH to take you out again. These outings might be challenging for the knee, but it does our soul soooo good!
 
I'm used to it. When we were dating, we decided to go to North Carolina to visit my family on spring break, along with my daughter, who was about 8 at the time. DH volunteered to get the tickets. When I asked to see the tickets the day before we left, there were only two! He had forgotten to count himself. He had to catch a later flight and pay an arm and a leg for the pleasure.

I imagine your DH and mine might have a good time comparing notes about the "recuperation" period! They probably have stories about us they could tell. It would be cathartic. Or catastrophic. Or something.
 
I shudder to think what they'd share @Polkadot! We'd just have to consume large quantities of wine to handle the situation of their meet-up with aplomb and dignity. :yikes:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom