Guest viewing is limited

MUA LTKR, 8 weeks out; MUA at week 5; worried about ROM

Lest you think I'm a bit of a hoarder, I still have my gym suit . . . not sure what happened to the jumper.
 
Pictures! :happydance: Look at you! Look at your beautiful happy family! The gorgeous lake (I miss the Great Lakes) and is that a... heron? I'm so happy you enjoyed your weekend... and yes, some activities are worth a day or three in the ODIC. Only some, but your pictures show one worth doing it for.

I despised gym. I still blame it for keeping me from having a perfect report card on more than one occasion. I might have burned my ridiculous one piece blue gym romper.
 
@kmak81230 that's hilarious that you still have your gym suit. Ours were bright blue with buttons on the front. Probably the ugliest things I have ever laid eyes on. We didn't have junior high just went right to high school from 8th grade. @Thesoutherncook our school was not very progressive. I wasn't allowed to take home ec because I was in an academic stream so Latin instead. Yuck! We also were not allowed to wear pants to school even though the weather could hit -40 F !! Although this all has no bearing on our knees, it does give me a hearty laugh and so helps the mental health side of this recovery! Sorry to have highjacked your thread By the way....great pictures. I am happy to see your knees held up even though you had to spend time in the ODIC. @Polkadot!
 
lovely photos Polkadot ~ you have a beautiful family. what a great trip; gorgeous beach. i love the surrey bike ~ have never seen one before. well i think you did great to enjoy the trip, your knee held up and i'm sure you'll bounce back soon enough. @Thesoutherncook ~ yes, we had those blue gym suits with the bloomer legs and just at the age where you have to start shaving your legs...ugh!
 
My bloomer suit was dusty pink one year and grey the next. Ugh.

Thanks, @liam2015! Missing are my daughter Lacey and stepson Chase. I've recovered from the weekend today and am glad we did it! You should try the surrey someday. It really was a lot of fun. We received a lot of envious looks from others on the boardwalk.
 
What fab photos of you and your lovely family @Polkadot! I can certainly see *someone* who is thrilled to be in the "Driver's Seat," LOL!

I had a unique way of handling 'The Jumper with Darts," and the "Blue Bloomer Gym Suit." I was much too *cool* to wear either, so I threw them out, lol. When the news finally reached my parents that I'd told the school these essential items were *missing* and my parents couldn't afford to replace them, (not true) I was grounded for the next 3 months, hahahaha! But, just like occasionally landing in the ODIC for a good purpose, it was worth it! Huzzah!
 
My one piece gym suit was red, but had a regular shorts hem rather than bloomers.

Not being the least athletic I despised gym! I was also scared as the bullies threatened to beat me up if I didn't do better. Honestly they did. Great for self esteem. And, in jr high they made us take showers after gym, just the final plunge to self esteem to a slowly developing body. It was awful.
 
Funny @Pheebs52! What a rebel! We actually didn't have the money, and with gym class 5 days a week, that suit got really ripe--my mom would never allow me to do a wash with just a few items. We washed clothes once a week. I really envied the girls who had more than one. Did you still have to do gym class? What did you wear?

Just in the interest of reporting and not for sympathy, I must report that in the middle of the night, my knee "blew up." Wow, did it start hurting, I mean, like really a lot, out of the blue! I can think of nothing I did during the day, nothing that should have terrorized "Rosebud." It seems to have settled down now, but my bend isn't great--must be some swelling. I'm not looking forward to PT later today. (Only one more PT to go after today!)
 
@Jockette, I could have written your second paragraph word for word. Those showers--I usually tried to just run through them as fast as I could. I have to talk myself into them at the gym, all these years later!
 
Ouch. Sorry to hear that Rosebud has acted up. It might be that you moved around during the night, as most of us do in our sleep, and Rosebud ended up in a position she didn't like. For the first three months, my Lefty (cranky new knee that he is) was prone to do this to me any time I tried to sleep without lying on my back with legs up on the Lounge Doctor. Lefty would hate the position (side sleeping in my case) and be a beast the next day, some swelling and more pain. Only in the last couple weeks has Lefty ceased this annoying behavior. Rosebud may be similarly "sensitive."
 
@Polkadot, yes, I did still have to go to gym class and I sat in the bleachers in my Mod clothing, supposedly doing homework, much like *detention.* I was actually drawing.:yes!: Naturally, I received an "Incomplete* grade for gym and Home Ec. Upon 8th Grade Graduation, it was strongly suggested to my parents that they search for a private high school that was better suited to one of my dubious temperment, lol. Much to my relief, they did just that.:yes!:
 
The awful things they put tender kids through. I never liked school, even from the beginning but jr high clenched it. Still gives me the shudders! It's a shame.
 
Oh, FWIW, yesterday and today, an old knee annoyance has returned; the incision! Aaaccck! I've no idea what set this off, so it must just be a *twin* thing, eh? Jose is still lingering in our area, so it may be the associated low-pressure creating more swelling as well; who knows? It is more stiff and swollen than it's been and I haven't done a thing to earn that status; pffft!
 
I did like home ec, though, I am still making the stove top macaroni and cheese I learned there.

And I made a green skirt but I don't remember being required to wear it to school. I think I did though.
 
My knee went crazy suddenly yesterday afternoon and I chalked it up to Jose blowing by Delaware. It's much better this morning.
 
@Jockette, I didn't think about Jose! Typical man trouble! @Pheebs52, I didn't mention it, but yesterday my incision was driving me crazy, especially above the knee--itching, pulling when I moved around, and associated discomfort. The incision has given me no trouble in the past, not even itching, which I've noticed others report from time to time. Twins, indeed! This is the gift that keeps on giving, eh? Fun times...
 
@SusieShoes, thanks for the idea about sleeping position. That may be it! I was actually sleeping, and not "sleeping," for what seems like the first time in a long time. Perhaps "Rosebud" has enjoyed my company all these long nights and wanted my attention. Drat that spoiled girl.
 
These knees truly are "The Gift that Keeps on Giving!" Pffft! Just when I *think* things are returning to almost *normal*, I find they aren't. I beginning to think it doesn't pay to think about it's status at all. It's just a "Wild Card," plain and simple. Thankfully, we both seem to be at the point where the good days outnumber the bad, but....the bad can still mysteriously arrive. C'est la vie!
 
Isn't it amazing we can actually sleep wrong? It really is rather stunning, eh? When I woke this morning, after what I felt was a good night's sleep, I was face down on my stomach. The entire quad and knee felt like a fluid-filled balloon. Shall I just say swell? Yes, I shall. Most of it was immediately alleviated upon rising, but still, I thought I was *done* with that sensation.....
 
I'll bet it was an odd sleeping position Polkadot. my knee likes to bend at night and sometimes I wake up in a bit of a contorted position. Yeah for solid sleeping and I hope the soreness goes away soon. I wish mine would like to sleep in a perfectly straight 0 extension position - oh well, a girl can dream.

PS - I used to actually teach the middle school "dreaded" gym class . . . . scarred from the required showers when I was in jr high, I did not require them . . . and I even had a few bleacher students like @Pheebs52.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom