THR LTHR Dec 7th. Looking for post op helpful ideas

Lovely to read your update @smstok and see that your recovery is going so well. I find it interesting that the surgeons all hold different views on what can be done and when. Mine was telling me to go swimming and use a static bike at two weeks. And was recommending Pilates once my 90 degree restrictions were removed at 6 weeks He also gave the all clear for everything else including yoga. The only thing he didn’t want me to do was running. This was with the proviso that I listened to my body and didn’t push it.
Glad that your return to work went so well.
 
There is an awful lot of stretching done during surgery I'm guessing.
Sounds like PT is taking a conservative approach to let that trauma settle a bit more before aggravating.
I know I'm a worry wart, but you gym rats make me a nervous wreck. Plenty of time to tone and strengthen.:good-bad:
I too consider my OS my life saver.
Hope you keep it easy...don't want any new members to the ODIC
 
I’m not much of a gym person but I am looking forward to getting back to bike and walks. A 30-45 minutes walk really helps my emotional state and weight management. I think what is important is that we engage in the physical activity we enjoy and work within our limitations. I have not gone through these two surgeries to be a couch potato!

You are doing terrific @smstok. I remember how nervous you were about return to work and you are handling it like a champ. Enjoy your gym return, but be sensible. You’ve come too far for a setback now. And remember, it really takes a year or more for complete healing.
 
Last edited:
Haha! Our posts must have crossed last night...
Wonderful update. I sense your exuberance! It's heartwarming.

It's easy to view your surgeon as a hero when you realize the results of surgery.
No more pain and you can live life again! I know for me and probably countless others
there was some hugging going on with that first post op visit.

You sound wonderfully content and on your way back to living life....as it should be.
A great weekend to you!
@smstok
 
:hi:@smstok
Where have you been, lady?
Hope all has continued to improve with you...you've been missed!:friends:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom