Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection Low grade infection 6 years after TKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prep for lots of computer and tv time! Frustrating but worth it (or so I will find out tomorrow)! I used a walker for the first 6 weeks while on the antibiotics due to a pick line in my arm - can't lift or use for much weight. After that I have been on crutches and able to get around more. Pain in my knee subsided quickly as the infection left. The spacer will be a very interesting feeling - crunchy that you can't really explain.

Good luck with everything!
 
Update, I had my appointment with my OS yesterday and he wants me to continue with 500 MG of Keflex, 4 times a day, for two more weeks then stop completely for two weeks. I have another appointment at the end of June where my OS will remove fluid from my knee again and have it tested for the infection. He really wants to make sure what's going on with my knee pain before any surgery is considered.
 
@rbrad9753 Does your OS have experience with revisions and are you consulting an infectious disease dr.? Are you experiencing any fever?
Sounds your OS is being cautious, this isn't something you go into lightly.
Three weeks after my wash out surgery my incision was still seeping. Both my OS and ID docs felt I might have to undergo a third surgery for a spacer, but after lots of prayer the seeping slowed and finally stopped three days later, a third surgery wasn't needed. My labs come back good and I do worry about when I get my left knee done.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious about how things are going for you! I am hoping that the Keflex is working; if you don't have an infection specialist onboard, I would insist on one. Staph is hard to treat, like MRSA, so please get the best advice possible. I was extremely fortunate to have Dr. Maale! He believes in one stage revisions to minimize the risk of having the knee opened 2 times


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom