THR Lovofu back in my room

@lovofu im on day 7 today so not far ahead of you. The first full 2 days - no joke, i was in EXCRUTIATING pain...i was freaking out, esp since i had to pee like every 2 hours and as soon as that gravity hit at stand up time i knew what was coming. I remember bawling believing there was no way i could get my left hip done this rt hip surg was so bad. I just felt stunned... i had no clue it would hurt so bad. Day 3, less pain but a feeling of dread & imprisonment to my couch/recliner & bathroom - couldnt move, couldnt wipe in bathroom unless i stood up, my new boyfriend graciously caring for me, getting my pants off the floor..etc. it was depression. Day 4 to today (my day 7) were complete 180 turnarounds for me. It was like a light switch turned on RIGHT at my lowest. I know recoveries are all diffrrent, but just like all have said BETTER is right around the corner!!
 
I was freaking out, not loving out (edit frim above) LOL?!?
Omg... it wont let me type f r eak Ing out!
Therr, i think i worked around the issue.
Oh and sorry if this is disturbing, but im on day 7 and still have not poo'd. I have taken stool softeners almost every day. Today was the first day my body "alerted me" to try.... and errr... it still didnt happen, but wants to. Im a bit scared too..... And i have a hemmorhoid from childbirth... making me more scared.
 
Last edited:
Poor things, same thing happened to me. I did take laxative, mild one finally after four or five days on stool softeners, and thought I was going to have to resort to enema.
Thank goodness it just finally happened before I had to use.
I also had the "help , my drawers have fallen and I can't get them up." I finally found a back scratcher that telescopes and has a little tiny hand on the end that I left in bathroom for my underwear retriever. :blush: Our pride takes a bit of a whack feeling so helpless.
It will get better.
 
Check out NanaMama's thread (pink heart avatar)
She has some constipation recipes under Post # 38 of her thread, if all else fails.
I hope you're resting comfortably. Best wishes for a peaceful weekend!
@lovofu
 
Still no action on the constipation and have hit the boredom wall. Thank Goodness for this forum so I knew it may happen. Even with ice there is a lot of swelling but I am hoping that starts to resolve soon. Thanks again to everyone for the tips and encouragement
 
I thought my swelling would never resolve, and it is still not completely gone. With more normal movement I am getting improvement. Hope constipation becomes a thing of the past.

Boredom is real. I’ve done lots of reading and needlepoint.

Hope you have a good weekend.
 
Hi @lovofu
Boredom does set in for sure. Consider:
Watching a Netflix series, purchase an adult coloring book and fresh box of colored pencils, read books, page through magazines, engage in online games. Connect with friends and family through phone calls,
Knit, crochet, write or email Thank You notes to those who've helped you, meditate or pray, start a Pinterest acct if that interests you. Peruse Houzz, if home decor is your thing. Work on assembling a puzzle if you're comfortable sitting on a chair for ant length of time.
When all else fails....nap. And of course ice and elevate often.
Hope your weekend is great!
 
6 days post op and all the constipation remedies did their trick thank goodness
Learning that I can’t do much before the swelling and pain becomes too much
I did think that I could do without the narcotics by now but I am not. Perhaps I am being a baby but feel much better taking them so will keep it up
 
I did think that I could do without the narcotics by now but I am not. Perhaps I am being a baby but feel much better taking them so will keep it up
Really - at only 6 days out? My friend this is major surgery. You need your medication to increase your mobility. When you start forgetting doses that is the sign you are weaning off your meds.
 
You aren't a baby for keeping pain managed.
You will help your body heal by keeping stress off of it.
Hope you have a peaceful day.
 
Hi!
You are certainly not being a baby at one week post op.
Meds, ice, elevation during these early days.
Lots of trauma to that poor leg through major surgery.
Get lots of rest and make sure you read the Recovery Article if you haven't already.
Wishing you a great week of healing!
@lovofu
 
So 15 days post op and crutched through Costco. Still a lot of swelling but better day by day. Tomorrow I go to the ob gyn to get evaluated for an abdominal mass the OS notes during the hip surgery. I am hoping it’s a fibroid but am very nervous it’s something more.
 
Don't project...it won't help.
Sending prayers:praying:
 
Prayers going up for comfort, peace of mind and that all is well :prayer:
@lovofu
 
You are on my mind...
:friends:
 
@lovofu
Two weeks and already braving Costco!
Hoping you were able to get some answers today from the gyn. Prayers for you.
 
Answers yes but no good news The mass is very large and will have to be removed via abdominal hysterectomy and he wants it done sooner than later. Already had the ultrasound and will get a call this week to schedule surgery
 
Today is your two week anniversary.
I'm sorry you have to go through this.
Hopefully it will all be over soon with a good result.
Prayers for you as you journey through :console2: please stay in touch.
@lovofu
 
Back
Top Bottom