BionicWoman2
junior member
I am doing quite well. Just past 7 week mark. Feeling normal except for some occasional soreness on the incision. My non-op side has still been giving me grief, and I wish it would go back to the pain-free state it used to be in when my left hip was agonizing. I am starting to think that my brain has transferred the pain to the right side because it believes I should be in pain. I am walking without aids - not perfectly because of the leg length discrepancy, but not bad for someone that had a THR. I can't believe how much progress I have made since the first week, when I remember having to push my operative leg out of bed with my non-op leg. Now I easily lift my leg into and out of bed. I continue physio at home - but not every day - usually 5 days a week. Being back home with lots of stairs, getting better at climbing stairs too. Sometimes the incision feels like it is bulging out - and there is a hard ball on the hip - it isn't there all the time - so thinking it might be swelling. The bulging feeling is wierd, has anyone else experienced this?
I am not ready to go back to work yet - taking as much time as allowed to feel 100%. I think that this sight is great in providing information for the early weeks, but not as great past 6 weeks. All in all, I am happy with having the surgery - and thinking seriously about doing the other hip - just waiting till my op hip is strong enough to do everything during healing.
I am not ready to go back to work yet - taking as much time as allowed to feel 100%. I think that this sight is great in providing information for the early weeks, but not as great past 6 weeks. All in all, I am happy with having the surgery - and thinking seriously about doing the other hip - just waiting till my op hip is strong enough to do everything during healing.
Canada