Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

@Pumpkln Thanks, Chris. My knee is better than it was right after surgery, but no better than it was pre-surgery and seems to be more swollen, but that may or may not still be partly due to the surgery. My ROM could be better-it's 5/90. Of course, my OS said the ROM is there waiting for the swelling to go away. He wasn't thrilled with the knee so will be watching for a while and see what it does. I did tell him my gut says it's the nickel, and I could tell he doesn't want to think about that any more than I do....lol.
I watch all the televised Giants spring training games too. I really loved the one where they played the baby Giants-I wish I could have gone to that game as it was here in Sac, but maybe next year.
How's your knee behaving these days?
 
My knee is doing OK, I was able to walk a mile Thursday without a big hissy fit at 3 in the morning, a big improvement. A few months ago, it would have been :yikes:.
I agree with you about the nickel, but like you and your OS, I would hesitant.
Hope you can make a game next year.
 
@LoveGiants PNC is a beautiful ball park! You'll love watching a game there. I manage to get to a few games every season. In fact, that was one of my goals after the TKR.

That's beautiful. It always impresses me when I see it on TV. My other favorite park is Fenway. Such a cool park.


I don't hate the Pirates either...lol. Just the DODGERS!

The bums! My Dad taught us to heckle the Dodgers when we were kids. I have also learned to hate the Yankees since my hubby is a Red Sox guy :yes:.


@LoveGiants That is one thing bad about such a quick surgery time-no time to make food ahead for after surgery. You told me before but I forget. What part of Sac are you in?

I'm at a loss regarding make-ahead meals anyways. I don't tolerate dairy and my husband can't have preservatives and my freezer! A counter-depth side-by-side with no room. I'm making sure we have stuff to grill and pasta. I made some pesto today. My sister-in-law is bring dinner Thursday. I live pretty close to Capital Christian Center off 50.


@LoveGiants I don't know what you mean about the uniforms. But I never watch a game until it's at least 2 hours in so I can forward past the commercials, so will start to watch the game soon.

ha! The commercials are so tiring. I can't stand the Diamondback's uniforms—pretty ugly.


Off season my husband follows all the trades, listens to Baseball Tonite, studies the minor league players, then in February follows spring training, Mesa or bust!
How is your knee doing Kim? Hope it is better.

Yes! During the off season, I put the baseball network on every day when I get home and get alerts from the Trade Rumors app. We're hoping to go to Spring training this spring :spin:. My daughter has a couple friends who were drafted by the Red Sox and Blue Jays, so I periodically check on them to see how they're doing (AA).

We have the Extra Innings subscription so I will often have a game on regardless of who's playing.
 
Walking a mile is something I can only dream about, but I am soooooooooo happy you can, Chris. I went to Sam's the other day and decided to use a regular grocery cart. That was a big mistake. I made it to the back of the store, leaning on the cart the whole way, then my knee hurt so much hubby had to go get an electric cart for me. I told my OS about that and he said I should be able by now to walk a lot more without that much pain, so he wasn't thrilled there either. We both know my knee isn't doing well but neither of us wants to really say it out loud.
 
Walking a mile is something I can only dream about, but I am soooooooooo happy you can, Chris. I went to Sam's the other day and decided to use a regular grocery cart. That was a big mistake. I made it to the back of the store, leaning on the cart the whole way, then my knee hurt so much hubby had to go get an electric cart for me. I told my OS about that and he said I should be able by now to walk a lot more without that much pain, so he wasn't thrilled there either. We both know my knee isn't doing well but neither of us wants to really say it out loud.

M so sorry to hear that your knee is still giving you trouble. Is there a way to determine an allergy without surgery?


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
We know I'm allergic to nickel, we just don't know how that relates to this knee implant and the swelling/pain. If we were sure, we'd know what has to be done, but since we aren't certain, it's not clear. We just know it's not a happy knee. :sad:
 
Many here in PA winter in Florida. But since I just retired I just want to go to Bradenton and catch a few spring training games in March. I still love the snow. I've heard Mecheny Field is gorgeous also.
 
Hi.. I have to jump into the baseball conversation. Those gray uniforms for the Diamondbacks are ugly!! I really miss the original turquoise and purple ( I was here when the the team was born:)
I used work the SF spring training games over in Scottsdale so I have a soft spot for them. My son split his head open before one of their games and Mike Krukow got to him before I could. The team trainer took him into the locker room to clean him up for me to bring him to the ER (across the street). When we came back the whole team had signed a ball for him and then they asked how many stitches he got because they had a pool going..LOL.
I grew up just outside of Boston so the Red Sox are in my blood. I love Fenway Park and the way the have kept it. When my parents retired they use to snow bird it down to Fort Myers Beach where the spring train. They have a very cool mini-fenway there.
 
I saw those dark gray unis on Sports Center this morning. I'm guess they weren't throw backs. Pirates wear a throw back from the "we are family 70s" every Sunday.
 
I didn't love the D-back's uniforms, but I didn't hate them either. I think if they lightened the color just a bit, they'd be fine. The gray was just a little too dark and dreary as a result.
 
Hi.. I have to jump into the baseball conversation. Those gray uniforms for the Diamondbacks are ugly!! I really miss the original turquoise and purple ( I was here when the the team was born:)
I used work the SF spring training games over in Scottsdale so I have a soft spot for them. My son split his head open before one of their games and Mike Krukow got to him before I could. The team trainer took him into the locker room to clean him up for me to bring him to the ER (across the street). When we came back the whole team had signed a ball for him and then they asked how many stitches he got because they had a pool going..LOL.
I grew up just outside of Boston so the Red Sox are in my blood. I love Fenway Park and the way the have kept it. When my parents retired they use to snow bird it down to Fort Myers Beach where the spring train. They have a very cool mini-fenway there.

Even though I grew up going to The Stick, I was in awe the first time I walked into Fenway. I called my brother, also a Giants fan, to brag about where I was and he replies, "you're on sacred ground!" I *love* going to Fenway. The most memorable time was taking my in-laws and they were so excited.

My husband took me to the 2003 A's/Sox ALDS game in which the Sox eliminated the A's. Pedro pitched. OMG. Love him.

So cool of Krukow and the team to help you. I think they're the best announcers in baseball. But I do love Eck calling games for the Sox—he has no filter and says what's on his mind.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Okay, this is really pathetic....I was reading a thread a minute ago, and decided to go to the page about how to estimate extension. So, I sat on the floor, and noticed my knee is really not extending well (I haven't done that since my surgery-I've just sat on a chair and propped it up on the ankle and calf). I put my hand under and still had a ton of room left, so I made a fist and still had a lot of room left. So, I turned my fist sideways and it fit with a tiny bit of room left! That's horrible! If fitting your hand under is about +10, I shudder to think what an entire fist sideways is............I thought my extension was better as it didn't seem that poor when sitting on the sofa, bed or even in the chair. My left knee is flush with the floor and I can't even fit a finger under.
 
My extension isn't there yet either. I'm probably close to where you are. It has been getting better a little at a time. I tried to make sure I extend it as far as I can withe each step I take. I figure having a couple of TKRs on that knee might slow me down.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom