Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

@LoveGiants June's massive heat about killed our garden this year! And not being able to go out there myself to keep up didn't help. But it's recovering and looking pretty good-not amazing as it usually does, but good. It's pretty hard to kill a tomato plant though.....you have to either never water it, or drown it to kill it off. :heehee:
 
I really hate all these random pains you get after surgery. I was loading the dishwasher tonight and every time I bent over, it felt like something was poking and pulling against my knee. The first couple of times I adjusted my pant leg thinking it was dragging my knee somehow, but that didn't work so I thought maybe I was hitting the cabinet door handle right at the sink, but it was in a totally different place. When you're busy with a task and something hurts, you don't really register anything but pain, and it takes a bit to figure out, "Hey, that hurts and it's not caused by anything brushing against or pulling on my knee". I finally realized bending that way was hurting something inside the dang knee and so had to stop bending that way. Hey, no one has ever accused me of being too quick on the draw......:rotfl:
 
Several years ago I was given several small tomato plants. I excitedly planted them. The next morning there were just stems sticking out of the ground. Some strange little bug had totally harvested them leaving only short stems. I then gave up. My yard is all shade so I don't try to grow anything anymore but admire those who do like you. Watch those bends. Hope that knee doesn't scream at you again.
 
@lovetocookandsew - Best record in baseball Amazing!!! We missed Matt Cain pitching for the River Cats because we went to the drive-in. At least we went to one game before my surgery. Bum pitches tonight. Awesome!

I go through withdrawals during the All Star Game break. Of course I have to watch the Home Run Derby and the All Star Game (at least ONE of the Brandons are going!). I'm enjoying watching the Tour de France and The (British) Open starts Wednesday.
 
I go through withdrawal all winter too...........I always watch the all-star game if any giants are included, and they usually are. :) Would be nice to see some in the home run derby one of these years. I'm hoping to be able to see my baby Giants this season, but not holding my breath. Are you all prepared for Tuesday?
 
As Rogers Hornsby said, "People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring." :)

I'd love to see the HR Derby in person. Hunter Pence should be headed to the Baby Giants for a rehab assignment and that would be awesome to see! He's been one of my favorite players since he played in Houston.

I'm pretty much ready. That walker bag arrived and looks perfect! I have a foam riser thingee that I'll use with a pillow and ice packs in the freezer (used ice last time, got smarter this time). I've purchased some comfy pj capris, 4x8 bandages, cleaned, laundry...the usual list. I have everything sorted at work.

The only thing I need is to hear the the labs are in and OK and the insurance is approved. I knew it would be cutting things close, but I really hope it works out so I don't have to reschedule.
 
That's one of the many things I love about my coverage-the doctors make the decisions and not some random non-medical person in some random office. If your doctor says you need something, it's done. I hope everything is finalized for you tomorrow so you can relax and be ready.
 
I know! I'm a Pittsburgher!

Well then, you're forgiven :heehee:

I don't hate on the Pirates and did vote for Andrew McCutchen for the ASG. He's a great player and seems like a good guy. I do want to visit PNC Park some day. (I want to go to ALL of them, but will save Tampa Bay for last.)

But can we talk about the Diamonback's unis? what the...?

I wish Gregor caught that ball.
 
That's one of the many things I love about my coverage-the doctors make the decisions and not some random non-medical person in some random office. If your doctor says you need something, it's done. I hope everything is finalized for you tomorrow so you can relax and be ready.

Thank you. It's mainly procedural regarding insurance and the woman at the hospital didn't seem worried about it. I do hope the lab gets results in, tho.

I do have a couple loads of laundry and a couple errands for tomorrow, Whole Foods and Costco. My husband asked if we have a month of Backpacker's Pantry :rotfl:. We saw a commercial for the emergency preparedness food with a 25-year self life and he said "let's get THAT!" hahahahaha!
 
@LoveGiants PNC is a beautiful ball park! You'll love watching a game there. I manage to get to a few games every season. In fact, that was one of my goals after the TKR.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    image.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited by a moderator:
@LoveGiants I don't know what you mean about the uniforms. But I never watch a game until it's at least 2 hours in so I can forward past the commercials, so will start to watch the game soon.
 
Off season my husband follows all the trades, listens to Baseball Tonite, studies the minor league players, then in February follows spring training, Mesa or bust!
How is your knee doing Kim? Hope it is better.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom