I'm totally confused now. When I received the call from my OS's assistant, I thought the doctor had her call to let me know they'd be moving my date up. Since then, he emailed me to say waiting 2 months for the surgery doesn't matter that much since my knee isn't "grossly infected". (I know he thinks it's more likely a low grade infection going on in there, possibly P. acnes) I replied to him to let him know it does matter......TO ME! Wasting two months in pain for a procedure is nuts to me! I could be recovering and maybe, with some luck, have my good knee back by then, instead of still waiting for the surgery. Or I could be finishing a course of IV antibiotics by then, if the knee is infected, etc. That wait just adds more time in pain, little sleep, crankiness, and the inability to do stuff. I let him know exactly how I feel about the wait; I'm pretty mild mannered so for me it was a pretty firm note. Maybe I should have let him really have it, maybe not, but I did let him know waiting 2 months isn't what I want or need. So, now I'll see how he responds, and maybe give his assistant a call on Monday to see what's up with all this. I know she feels my pain, so to speak, and knows how frustrated I am about the whole thing, the time it's taking to get a diagnosis and get it fixed. She has to deal with his schedule all day every day, since he's sooooooo overly busy. I knew when I went back to him that he's too busy, but he's also the revision doc I want. He was my original OS for about 10 years or more, but I changed when it got too hard to see him. During that time he went from an OS to chief, then head of something else also that I can't remember, so he is crazy busy now. I'll stay with him until this whole thing is resolved, then hopefully I'll be done with needing any OS. So now, I am waiting until he reads my latest email and responds-hopefully he'll understand that even though it's not "grossly infected" waiting 2 more months just adds to my pain and stress over the whole thing. We're not 100% sure if it's an infection or nickel allergy causing the problems, and I just want to get on with everything, figure out the cause and the solution and GET MY LIFE BACK. It's already taken way too long, so adding more time is just making me crazy.