Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

This is the first time I've really looked at my surgical site. It's no wonder it hurts so much-it's sooooooo long! It starts where the lower dark dot is and ends up near my knee. A bunch of the steri-strips have fallen off, the rest are working on it.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    ouch!.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 235
That is a lot longer than I would have expected, explains a lot of the pain you are experiencing.
Hope next week is better.
 
Thanks, Chris. It was longer than I expected also. But, he did show me pictures a while back of what he would be doing, so I shouldn't be surprised. Luckily, he was able to keep the the lower sites smaller than what he had drawn out. He also had to cut through everything in my thigh to get to the bone.............ouch!
 
You are just being hit so hard! I am so sorry. I wish there was something -anything I could magically do to help.
I really hope your OS is right that the pain should start to fade in the next week/ if not though I hope you go in to see him/her.
You are very strong and you are getting through this. Much love you you!!
 
Such a long slog, Kim. I’m sorry you continue to deal with the pain daily. It’s three weeks today since your surgery. I’d wish you a Happy Three Week Anniversary, but I know its difficult to feel cheerful while in pain. But...with three weeks of recovery now under your belt, you’re one day closer to relief :happydance: I hope this day is easy on you. :friends:
 
My left foot has been hurting a lot for a week or so. I was thinking maybe plantar fasciitis, but today I noticed some bruising on the top and bottom of my foot that wasn't there a few days ago. Very strange, but it may be the cause of the pain, although what has caused the bruising is a mystery as I haven't bumped or banged it-and the bruising is on top and bottom. Strange..................
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    bruise.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 237
  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    bruising.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 217
Those bruises look like they have a lot of yellow, they are old bruises that you are just now seeing.
Your incision looks good, hoping the steristrips fall off soon.
 
Except that neither of the bruises were there at the beginning of the week. I attached a picture my husband took last weekend, and there was no bruising. So it's strange to me. I've lost half of the upper steri-strips, and the lowers are loosening, even though none of those have fallen off. But we know my doctor uses gorilla glue on them.........lol.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery
    no bruising.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 220
Maybe accidentally whilst asleep the bruises occurred, I bruise really easily, all my husband has to do is touch my leg, and a small bruise appears, my back has the odd one where he nudges me if I snore at night :heehee: not blaming your husband ....but it could be where your other foot has knocked it too.
Hoping for a good Sunday for you xxx
 
I wouldn’t worry about the bruising. Just like Pumpkln I only had yellowish / greenish bruising show up 17 days post op. Kind of freaked me out, but PA told me it was normal. I had my hip done and the bruising showed up all around my knee on the op leg.
I hope today is a good day, Kim. :)
 
Just a note-the bruising is on my left foot, the surgery was on my right leg. It's not directly related to the surgery, but I was wondering if it's somehow related to the bone spurs I have on that foot, or something else. l plan to e-mail my PCP if the foot pain continues.
 
Kim, are you able to talk to an on call PA at your surgeons office today?
If so, they may be able to offer you reassurance so you can rest easy.
 
I can actually message my OS any time; he's great at getting back to me, even on weekends. I always speak directly with him, never his PA's. I may run the foot issue by him, since the spurs are his area, but if he doesn't think the pain and bruising is related to said spurs, then I'll message my PCP.
 
I always speak directly with him, never his PA's
You’re lucky. My surgeon, while good, was no where to be found outside of the OR. :heehee:
Well...almost! Thankfully I liked and trusted his PA’s.
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom